2.0

1. fix the hydraulics (1 reports)
2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee:

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Owner Comments

Dec 112013

Grand Cherokee Laredo 4.0L I-6

I went out to get something out of the back and I opened up the door. I never had this issue before and then I bent down to get the the stuff out and BAM right in the middle of my back. I called it a few choice words and Just slammed the tailgate shut. It only stays open if you leave it partly open it doesn't work if you try and open all of the way. It came down and hit a few people and closed on me in the back a few times when I was moving recently. ha ha. My best friend has a matching Jeep with the same problem only hers has 128,000 miles and her tailgate just up and stopped working.

SO I talked to my mechanic and he told me all I have to do is just get the hydraulics for the tailgate and it would be an easy fix. :) It's all good.

- , Jonesboro, AR, USA