1. replaced (1 reports)
2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee:

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Owner Comments

Jul 092009

Grand Cherokee 4.7L

So, obviously I'm not the first to have problems with this car's brakes, but my incident was life threatening. I was living in the mountains and drove I-70 in Colorado. I was noticing the pulsating of my brakes more and more. I went to drive my brother to DIA and on my way back, I was driving downhill on Wadsworth. It was rush hour and the guy in front of me stopped abruptly. I slammed on my brakes and had brakes for a second before the pedal hit the floor and couldn't stop. I acted on pure reflex. I jerked my wheel, cut across 6 lanes of traffic, driving an uncontrollable 60 miles an hour. Luckily there were no cars coming the opposite direction. I yanked the e-brake and made it to a side road going uphill, amazingly untouched. I threw the Jeep into park and gathered my thoughts. I was very lucky but if I didn't get so lucky with the situation, I could have died or been seriously injured. The mechanic said its common for this part to fail at around the same amount of mileage. It was a rubber hose on the brake line right at my front-left wheel. Felt I should share.

- , Glendale, CA, USA