6.0

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee:

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Owner Comments

May 012012

Grand Cherokee Laredo 4.0L I-6

click to see larger images

engine knock

I noticed a slight knock that sounds like a lifter going bad but honestly I don't know. It knocks at first but not enough to really be too alarming. After the car warms up it stops. I don't know what the issue is with it but hopefully it is something small. I was reading around on the internet and I heard all kinds of things. lol. I saw one comment on YouTube that kinda related a lot to my issue, it said it is a water pump bearing. So I might look into that to see if it will fix my issue.

My Jeep just went over 174,400 miles today. So anything to keep it running strong would make my life so much better.

- , Jonesboro, AR, USA