2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee:

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Owner Comments

Feb 152015

Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7L

I was heading to pick my wife up from work at 2 am. I was using the cruise control because of lite traffic. My Jeep suddenly began to accelerate uncontrollably. I hit the cruise control off button with no results. I pressed the brake pedal also with no results. I could not turn the key off due to losing the power steering and power brakes so I had to depress the brake pedal with my entire body weight to keep the car from

accelerating out of control. I finally got to a pulloff and turned off the ignition key. I tried to restart several times but it continued to run wide open each time. I got out raised the hood and proceeded to tap on all the little black boxes under the hood. I got back in the car and started it. it ran normally.

I Don't use the cruise control anymore, so far no problem but sure would like to use cruise control at times!!

- , Staunton, VA, USA