2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee:

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Owner Comments

Oct 152014

Grand Cherokee Limited V8

My transmission dip stick strikes the oil pan before the dip stick is fully inserted. The top T Handle would have to travel-insert-about an inch more for the "O" ring to properly seal inside the top of the tube. I discovered this when I replaced the transmission filters/oil. The DS inserted fully at the top of the tube with the pan removed. I verified that I had the correct DS at two Jeep Dealerships. I also compared my DS with my friends 03 Jeep GC, he has exactly the same problem and the same DS. I did not rely on the DS when I added fresh oil but rather relied on instructions shown in my repair manual.

- , North Port, FL, USA