1. replace the (expensive) window regulator / plastic gear (1 reports)
2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee windows / windshield problems

windows / windshield problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee:

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Owner Comments

Aug 152007

Grand Cherokee 4.0L

Had this happen to me THREE TIMES in the 4 years I've owned this car!! It's DAMN expensive to fix. It doesn't take too long, but $400 just to keep my window up so I don't get my leather rained on? Ridiculous. I found out from a handyman friend that you can actually repair this yourself if you have the technical skills to: 1) Take the inside plastic frame of the door off and 2) find and replace the PLASTIC PIECE OF CRAP gear that Jeep decided to use to power their windows. My friend found a replacement at a hardware store. Ended up spending only $80 to do it himself.

- , Charlottesville, VA, USA