8.8

2. replace wiring and resistor (2 reports)
2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee:

2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Owner Comments

Oct 252012

Grand Cherokee V8 V8

i DO NOT UNDERSTAND why would it cost $800 to replace a part worth $110 I have never had such a problem with any other cars in last 30 years of experience with BMW, Merc, Ford, Chevy, Nissan, Toyota, Mazda or Dodge

- , Raleigh, NC, USA

Dec 202011

Grand Cherokee Limited V8

The plug wires to the blower melt together and requires replacement. The only option to replace is to convert this system to a new set-up.

- , Windsor, ON, canada

Apr 012011

Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7L V8

The air works on the driver's side but not on the passenger side.

- , Haleyville, AL, USA

Sep 272010

Grand Cherokee Limited V8

I've got an 01 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Had it for a year when the fan started to kick in and out. When I was driving down the road the heat or a/c would come in, but barely. I put up with it for a while before having it looked at. I had to replace some of the wiring that lead to the resistor and replace the resistor.

- , Williams, IA, USA

Jan 012006

Grand Cherokee V8

First it started with the ac not blowing cold, barely blowing. Too much $ to get fixed everything is under dash. Winter comes, no heat blowing - cold air on passenger side only. 2nd summer- just dealt with it ( no ac at all ). This last winter started with this white mist blowing into the car without anything on. Smelled like coolant? To fix anything on this piece of $&^%# was too much $.

- , Las Vegas, NEV, USA