2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee:

2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Owner Comments

Sep 162015

Grand Cherokee

Vehicle was crashed into a cement pole head on. Radiator broken completely, engine as been pushed up all the way to the windshield, headlight flew off tires popped, yet airbag didn't deploy. As a result I suffer from chest and rib bruising from hitting steering wheel.

- Long Beach, CA, USA

Dec 152012

Grand Cherokee 6-cyl

I was driving in the rain going the speed limit. My Jeep hit a pool of water on the surface of the highway and started to skid and hydroploane. The next thing I knew it was flipping over and landed on the shoulder of the highway. I was lucky to be wearing my seat belt. I was suspended upside down by my seatbelt. I was able to unbuckle it and crawl out the drivers side window which was completely blown out. Seconds after I got out of the car it burst into flames and the entire vehicle was engulfed and burned completely inside and out. There was nothing left of it but burnt frame. As soon as the car came to a stop upside down, I smelled gas and just a minute or two later the car was totally burned up.

- Glendale, CO, USA

Feb 012001

Grand Cherokee

Design of center console w/shift levers restricts driver's right arm movement for taller drivers, shift lever too large in front of ash tray, potential cause for accident.

- Corning, NY, USA