2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee:

2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Owner Comments

Jul 012007

Grand Cherokee 6-cyl

I own a 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee that has 2 potentially dangerous issues with it. Due to a manufacturers design flaw, the brake lights malfunction on a regular basis. The light shorts itself out when the headlights are turned on leaving me with no brakes at night. In addition, the door lock actuator in my rear passenger door has broken. Since Jeep saw fit to only provide a key on the drivers door, this rear door neither locks nor unlocks which would result in a potentially lifethreatening situation if I were involved in a wreck and was unable to exit the vehicle from this door. My cooling fan broke, I replaced with a non-oem model which chewed a hole in my radiator after 100 miles. Replaced radiator and fan. Radiator broke after a year, re-replaced. After searching online I found that these are fairly common problems and not the result of some action on my part.

- High Springs, FL, USA