- November 22: Chrysler Sued Over Stalling Vehicles, Long Wait for Parts
- November 13: Chrysler Recalls Cars With Failing Air Bags and Faltering Engines
- November 8: Chrysler Recalls Jeep Grand Cherokee For Software Snafu
- October 25: Jeep Liberty Investigated After Reports of Door Fires
2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Worst 2001 Grand Cherokee engine Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- knocking noise, cracked piston3
- crank shaft harmonic balancer cracked on shaft1
- crankshaft sensor failed1
- engine seized1
- starter failed1
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control28
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling14
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine9
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine: Gasoline7
- NHTSA: Engine5
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Accelerator Pedal3
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Cruise Control3
Stay Up to Date
Compare Jeep Grand Cherokee Model Years
Curious how the 2001 Grand Cherokee compares to other years?
Check out our Jeep Grand Cherokee overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Grand Cherokee.