$1,800.00

2. replace transmission (1 reports)
2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee:

2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Owner Comments

Jun 092010

Grand Cherokee Laredo 4.0L

I had my jeep In the Dealership garage for a few weeks prior to this for the electrical issue I described earlier. After one week of driving it I was on my way home from work when all of a sudden I just lost my transmission - no noises not clunks no nothing. So I had my mechanic pick it up and had him install a used transmission. I paid extra for this transmission to get a year warranty with it. this also covered the labor for a year, Good thing because it took 3 transmissions to get a good one and another month without my vehicle. Overall, between the electrical issue and the transmission, my vehicle was in the garages for 4 1/2 months and $5000.00 later. I bought my jeep used so I was still making payments on it, otherwise it would be in the junk yard.

- , Dorchester, NH, USA

Jun 102003

Grand Cherokee

Brought it in for service as I noticed a hard shift at around 30mph. They put in a new software program and trans. fluids $250 worth out of pocket. 2 weeks later on a road trip the transmission went out in another state. I had to rent a car to get home. Have an extended warranty and they are "not sure" if it is covered!! A transmission should last longer than 2 years and isn't this why you get an extended warranty.

- , Evergreen, CO, USA