2.5

2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee:

2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Owner Comments

Mar 072007

Grand Cherokee

On March 7, 2007, the instrument panel in my 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo suddenly failed-gas gauge, speedometer, odometer, battery level, temperature gauge etc all inoperative. On March 8, 2007 my mechanic told me that this event was covered under Chrysler recall 994. Today I took my car to the dealer who said that the recall had already been performed in 2002 and so they were unable to perform the recall again. However, this has never happened to my car before and I did not request that recall be performed in 2002. The service manager said they need to charge me $85 to diagnose the problem. He already knows what the problem is and it is a safety problem because I have no idea how fast I am driving!

- Miami, FL, USA

Aug 062006

Grand Cherokee 8-cyl

: the contact stated the gauges on the dash malfunctioned and did not illuminate. There was a NHTSA recall, # 01V288000, regarding the electrical system; wiring; instrument/under dash. The vehicle was not included in the recall due to the VIN.

- Brooklet, GA, USA