2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee:

2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Owner Comments

Dec 202003

Grand Cherokee 4WD 6-cyl

Jeep gc 2002-had rotors, pads and calipers replaced at 12,660 miles because of violent shaking during braking on highways at speeds of over 40 mph, had to replace everything again at 23,989 miles and now at my own cost. Manager stated that the rotors were "blue" and that someone has been riding on the brakes all the time and that is why they are worped ("blue" from high temperature). That is not the case, I do regular driving in the city and on highway. Please investigate as I have found other Jeep owners with the same problems all over the United States on the Jeep internet forums.

- Brooklyn, NY, USA

Jun 072003

Grand Cherokee

Wrapped front rotors.

- Sebastian, FL, USA

Jan 212003

Grand Cherokee 8-cyl

Rotors and brakes. I have resurfaced my rotors once and now I am replacing them. I purchased the car new and it is now 12 months and 2 weeks old, much too soon for either of these repairs and replacements. The dealer tells me its my problem, not theirs. I am also having to replace the brake pads for the second time.

- Rossville, GA, USA

Jan 152003

Grand Cherokee

Consumer called complaining while driving the vehicle at any speed and applied the brake, vehicle is shaking front and rear. Dealer has been notified and will replace rotors, brake pads, and caliper.

- Marblehead, MA, USA