2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee:

2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Owner Comments (Page 14 of 22)

Mar 212014

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact was driving approximately 25 mph and crashed into another vehicle. The air bags failed to deploy. The driver sustained neck and back injuries, and a police report was filed. The vehicle was destroyed and towed to an independent mechanic. The manufacturer was not notified of the defect. The approximate failure mileage was 120,000.

- Arverne, NY, USA

Apr 072014

Grand Cherokee 8-cyl

I called the Jeep dealership in brooklyn park, mn, to schedule work related to the ocr module recall notice we received in the mail from Chrysler. The Jeep dealership stated they do not have the parts to perform this recall and do not know where we can go to have the work done. Thus, per the written recall notice, we are completing this online complaint form. We would appreciate help to determine how we can get this recall work completed on our 2002 Jeep. Thank you in advance.

- Maple Grove, MN, USA

Feb 032014

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact stated that the vehicle was included in NHTSA campaign id number:12V527000 (air bags) but was advised by the dealer that the part needed to complete the repair was not available. The contact had received the notice months ago and had continued to contact the dealer to no avail. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer who stated that the seatbelt sensor, right front sensor needed to be repaired in addition to the orc module repair pertaining to the recall. The vehicle had not been repaired and the sensor light had continued to illuminate at random for the airbag. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 83082.

- Columbus, GA, USA

Mar 032014

Grand Cherokee 4WD 6-cyl

2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Consumer writes in regards to air bag system recall notice and vehicle starter problems. When the consumer took the vehicle to the dealer, for the recall, the dealer informed the consumer the vehicle wouldn't start. The dealer stated a starter was needed.

- Waverly, IA, USA

Oct 152012

Grand Cherokee 6-cyl

It has been a year and half since I received my first notice that my Jeep had a recall. Safety recall M35/NHTSA 12-527. I have contacted my Jeep dealer at least four time in the last 12 months and was told there wasn't any parts for the repair or recall. How long do I have to wait for the repair as Chrysler does seem to care if there are any parts to fix this recall.

- Derby, KS, USA

Feb 082011

Grand Cherokee 4WD 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact stated his air bag light came on and continuously stayed on. The contact stated that the manufacturer repaired the failure, however the failure recurred. The vehicle had not been repaired. The failure mileage was unknown. Updated 05/12/14 updated 05/15/14

- Hodges, SC, USA

Mar 082011

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact stated that the air bag warning lamp illuminated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where NHTSA campaign number: 12V527000 (air bags ) was performed the recall repairs but the air bag warning light remained illuminated after the repairs. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 90,000 and the current mileage was 125,000.

- Holiday , FL, USA

Dec 102013

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact stated that while driving 10 mph and making a left turn, the air bags deployed without warning and caused the contact to lose control of the vehicle. The contact crashed into a parked vehicle and sustained a dislocated finger. A police report was filed of the incident. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure and current mileage was 124,000.

- North Hollywood, CA, USA

Jan 152014

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact stated that she received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 12V527000 (air bags) and attempted to have the vehicle serviced numerous times but the parts were unavailable. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Oakdale, NY, USA

Mar 162014

Grand Cherokee

I work at a dealership washing cars. We just sold a 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee. I was running the Jeep through the carwash. My foot was on the brake, and suddenly the vehicle accelerated propelling me into a wall, and the airbag deployed. I was injured in the accident and went to an urgent care.

- Mesa, AZ, USA

Grand Cherokee 6-cyl

I have been receiving recall notices for 2 years. Safety recall M35/NHTSA 12V-527. Every time I have tried to take my vehicle in for the repair, I am told they do not have the parts available. Seems to me that they should after all this time.

- Kingsport, TN, USA

Jun 052012

Grand Cherokee 6-cyl

The contact owns 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact stated while driving various speeds, the air bag warning indicator illuminated intermittently. There was a recall under NHTSA campaign id number 12V527000 (air bags) however, the required part was unavailable to perform the repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the problem. The approximate failure mileage was 75,000.

- Verona, WI, USA

Mar 092014

Grand Cherokee 6-cyl

I have been attempting to have local Chrysler dealership complete repair on safety recall M35/NHTSA 12V-527 for almost two years and they keep saying they are waiting on parts from manufacture.

- Simpsonville, SC, USA

Feb 212014

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact stated the vehicle was remedied under NHTSA campaign id number: 12V527000 (air bags) however, the air bag warning lamp remained illuminated. The vehicle was not taken for inspection or repairs. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The approximate failure mileage was 117,679.

- Morganton, NC, USA

Feb 142014

Grand Cherokee 8-cyl

Neither Chrysler nor a "local" dealer will supply the part needed for me to install the fix. I'm a qualified mechanic and have all the needed factory tools including the drbiii and access to tech connect. Reading through the Chrysler document dated November 7th 2012, I fully understand the issue (material change in the squib capacitor) and the patch Chrysler is offering. The proper fix would be replacement of the defective capacitor. I am asking for the part so that I can do the fix - nothing more.

- Thompson Falls , MT, USA

Feb 142014

Grand Cherokee 8-cyl

I received a Jeep airbag recall notice this week and when I took it to the dealer they told me that I need an airbag now. I have had to wait over a year for the parts to come in and the dealership has tried to fix my car four times for this issue attempting to use the wrong connectors to fix the issue (they told me this on the last repair attempt). Now they claim that I must pay for an airbag. I believe that their defective repair attempts or having to wait so long for parts is the reason that the airbag now needs replaced. Chrysler customer service is denying my request to fix my airbag. Can you provide any assistance? they have deprived me of the ability to sell my car for the last year, and now I can't sell it until this latest issue is fixed. The cost of the repair is $1600.

- Greensboro, NC, USA

Grand Cherokee 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact stated that he attempted to have the vehicle repaired under NHTSA campaign number: 12V527000 (air bags) but was informed that the parts were not available. The contact felt that since the failure was reported November 2012, there should have been a remedy available before February 2014. The contact stated that the manufacturer had exceeded a reasonable time for the repair. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Long Beach, CA, USA

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact stated that he attempted to have the vehicle repaired under NHTSA campaign number: 12V527000 (air bags) but was informed that the parts were not available. The contact felt that since the failure was reported in November 2012, there should have been a remedy available before February 2014. The contact stated that the manufacturer had exceeded a reasonable time for repair. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- College Station , TX, USA

Feb 102014

Grand Cherokee 8-cyl

Over 3 yrs ago I received from Chrysler a safety recall notice and every time I call the Jeep dealer they tell me that the parts haven't been made yet. Today I received another recall notice for the occupant restraint control module and still no parts. This is should not happen and you should have the parts after all this time. This is very dangerous and I want this fixed.

- Bluffton, SC, USA

Feb 102014

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact stated that he received a recall notice for NHTSA campaign number 12V527000 (air bags) and was informed by the dealer and the manufacturer that the parts were not available. The contact had not experienced a failure. The VIN was not available...updated 03/18/14 the consumer stated the vehicle was fixed on 02/27/14

- Surprise, AZ, USA