2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee:

2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Owner Comments

May 012015

Grand Cherokee Limited

click to see larger images

airbags deployed while driving airbags deployed while driving airbags deployed while driving

I bought my Jeep used two years ago. I had no knowledge of any recalls, until today when I searched online after my airbags exploded on me yesterday on my way home from work. I am so glad that I always drive holding the top of the steering wheel, because my arm stopped the airbag from hitting me in the face. I have a massive bruise and a sore arm, but I didn't crash my Jeep in afternoon traffic. Please, if you are looking at buying a used vehicle research recalls on the vehicle and verify that they have been fixed so you don't face the same issues I am now.

- , Kempner, USA