7.0

2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee:

2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Owner Comments

Aug 312014

Grand Cherokee Limited

I took my 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee in for the M35 recall, oil change, and inspection. Once the recall repair was done the air bag light stayed on and as a result it would not pass inspection. I paid $99.00 for a diagnostic test only to then find out that I needed a module that would cost me $650.00. I do not understand why this isn't tied into the airbag recall that I went in for to start with. I was then told that they would have to order the part and would call me when it comes in.

- , Hardy, VA, USA

Nov 152013

Grand Cherokee LT V8

after recall fix, seatbelt & air bag lights still on

Waited 18 months for that damn wiring harness jumper to be installed, dealer couldn't access air bag light on until fixed; now says unrelated to that problem, bad sensor, wants $700.00 (with part) to fix. My rear driver side window has bad control, window dropped, in the process of buying & installing myself the new part. This past November replaced CPU to the tune of $925.00. Asked if this wasn't unusual due to mileage and condition of car (excellent). They said "No". THIS CAR HAS 77,600 MILES.

- , New Hartford, NY, USA