2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee:

2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Owner Comments

Jun 182013

Grand Cherokee Limited

Yesterday I got in my jeep, cranked it, placed it in drive & proceeded out of my driveway. It shifted into second but never any further. I've tried multiple times to drive it & once it wouldnt shift out of first. It is not low of transmission fluid. I'll be hauling it to the transmission shop & I'm quite sure this will be an expensive fix.

Update from Jul 5, 2013: I called a friend with a transmission shop. He felt sure it was the solenoid governor. Put jeep in his shop & he was right. $200 & he had it fixed.

- , Monticello, MS, USA

Dec 222009

Grand Cherokee Laredo 4.0L I6

I HAD THE TRANSMISSION IN AND ABOUT 4 HOURS LATER IT DIDN'T WANT TO DOWN SHIFT AND ABOUT A WEEK LATER I CHANGED THE TRANSMISSION AGAIN AND FOR SOME REASON IT STILL ACTS UP

- , Acworth, GA, USA

Nov 202007

Grand Cherokee 4.0L

here are the codes from the jeep p-1757 p-0711 p-1762 need some dollar sign on cost

- , Valley Head, WV, USA