2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee:

2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Owner Comments

Dec 102010

Grand Cherokee 4WD 8-cyl

2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee heater/defroster failure. Intermittently while driving, the heater/defroster stops blowing hot air and blows cold. I live in a city where we get snow and fog, and temps go below zero. Having a malfunctioning defroster is a safety issue. This has occurred in a snowstorm, and I had to park the vehicle beside the road and call a family member to pick me up because I could not keep ice from forming inside my windshield. I was stuck beside the road with a 2 year old child, in the snow! sometimes turning off the vehicle and restarting will help, other times, it will randomly turn back on.

- Sparks, NV, USA

Dec 022006

Grand Cherokee 8-cyl

Automatic climate control system blows only cold air from the right side even when high heat has been selected. Thousands of Grand Cherokee are affected by this problem. Repair costs are in the $1200-1500 range. This should prompt a recall order.

- Grapevine, TX, USA

Aug 012006

Grand Cherokee 4WD 8-cyl

A/C and heating blower motor and power window motor failure. These problems have occurred in my 2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee limited. After researching I have found well over 180 people who own Grand Cherokee (various models) between the years 2000-2004 with these exact same problems. Chrysler/ Jeep customer service will not respond to my comments on this issue.

- Chaska, MN, USA