2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee:

2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Owner Comments

Jun 232007

Grand Cherokee 4WD 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact heard a squeaking noise coming from the front end of the vehicle while driving 20 mph. She stated that the vehicle rides roughly. When the brake pedal is depressed, the vehicle makes a snapping noise. The dealer stated that the front brakes pulsate. Approximately one year ago, the brakes, front rotors, and pads were replaced. The current and failure mileages were 30,470.

- Buffalo, NY, USA

Feb 102004

Grand Cherokee 6-cyl

At approximately 14,000 miles, my 2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee began to pulse when I hit the brakes. This caused the whole car to shake and scared my wife, and my two young daughters. I took the car to the Jeep Chrysler dealership. They said the rotors had to be resurfaced. For a brand new car, I feel the rotors are defective. They should not need resurfacing so soon. They also claimed that nothing was wrong with the brake pads. This implied that I was hard on my brakes. I have driven a Ford, a Toyota, a Saab, Mercury, BMW and other models. This has never happened before. I also found in my research that other people have had the same experience with the Jeep Grand Cherokee as I have-low mileage the rotors had to be resurfaced. I contacted the Jeep Chrysler company. They have refused to admit wrong doing. I feel this is a safety hazard due to a defective product. I would appreciate if ntsb would look into this matter.

- Gainesville, FL, USA

Aug 202003

Grand Cherokee 4WD 6-cyl

2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee limited control kicks out when on the highway driving 2.front end makes horrible noises when turning 3.dash rattles 4. had to replace brake linings and rotors at 7000 miles 5.rear end howls 6. transmission does not shift right

- Roscoe, IL, USA