8.4

1. replace seat frame (3 reports)
2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee:

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Owner Comments

Feb 022014

Grand Cherokee LX 4.0L

THIS seat track ordeal SHOULD be under a recall...left front corner of driver's seat track, and also the right rear of the same seat frame/track..metal breaks.

- , Waleska, GA, USA

Jan 102014

Grand Cherokee Laredo 4.0L I6

This is the second time the seat frame has broken. First time, in 2010, the garage welded the seat frame, but it didn't hold. I am nearly 60 years old; I have owned numerous vehicles in my lifetime, but this is the only vehicle I've had this problem with. I have heard from conversations with other people that this is something not uncommon with Jeeps.

- , Nesquehoning, PA, USA

May 132013

Grand Cherokee 4.0L

Jeep should fix these front seats. the frame on my 2004 jeep grand Cherokee just cracked. Jeep has hundreds of complaint for this problem / The Government needs to investigate.

- , Middletown, NJ, USA

Aug 122011

Grand Cherokee Special Edition 4.7L V8

I HAVE 2 JEEPS AND BOTH DRIVERS SEAT FRAMES BROKE. THE 2004 GRAND CHEROKEE WAS DIAGNOSE BY THE DEALER/JEEP. JEEP SAID THEY WOULD PAY FOR PART OF THE REPAIRS BUT THEN BACKED OUT OF THE DEAL & CLAIMS THAT THE PART IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE IN THE SUPPLY SYSTEM. I FILED COMPLAINT WITH NHTSA, THE FTC AND THE ATTORNEY GENERAL IN MASSACHUSETTS. NHTSA TOLD ME THAT JEEP IS SUPPOSE TO MAKE PARTS AVAILABLE FOR TEN(10) YEARS AFTER THE BUILD DATE. I URGE ALL OWNERS OF 1999 - 2004 GRAND CHEROKEES TO FILE COMPLAINTS WITH JEEP/CHRYSLER ON THIS MATTER. THEY ARE TRYING TO SWEEP THIS ISSUE UNDER THE RUG. I USE TO WORK FOR THE DEALER THAT I BOUGHT BOTH MY 2003/2004. IT APPEARS THAT THE SEAT FRAME LAST UNTIL AFTER THE VEHICLE IS OUT OF WARRANTY, USUALLY AROUND 50-60K MILES.

- , Malden, MA, USA

Nov 272008

Grand Cherokee Freedom 4.7L V8 Ho

ive found a lot of complaints about the drivers seats frame breaking in 1999-2004 jeeps, especially since these vehicles share same body/chassis and only have cosmetic changes between them.

- , Staten Island, NY, USA