2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee:

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Owner Comments

Apr 042005

Grand Cherokee 4WD 8-cyl

I leased a 2004 Grand Cherokee in March of 2004 and less than a year later I had to have the front rotors replaced due to warping. The vehicle only had 7984 miles on it. My mother bought the same year model and her is at 16000 miles and her front rotors are warped. I owned a 1999 Grand Cherokee prior to the one I have now and traded it in because it had the same problem with the rotors, I was told that the new 2004 model had fixed the problem. I was lucky enough that the brakes were still coverd by warranty but my mother isn't, I am beyond angry with Jeep. Do not buy a Jeep Grand Cherokee!!!! almost every person I know with a grand between the years of 1999-2004 have had their rotors warp every year and Jeep refuses to fix the flaw or replace the brakes when they warp prematurely. I am heartbroken because I love how they look and ride but because of the brake problems I will never buy another.

- South Burlington, VT, USA