2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee:

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Owner Comments (Page 10 of 15)

Jun 092014

Grand Cherokee 4WD 8-cyl

The contact owns a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V046000 (air bags); however, the part needed to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Updated 09/01/15 updated 12/3/15

- Arnold, MD, USA

May 292015

Grand Cherokee

I have yet to have my Jeep fixed with safety recall M35/NHTSA 12V-527. I have received letters about this problem and have answered Chrysler about this fix to no avail. I have received multiple letters for the recall, and I went to a local dealer and was told to wait for Chrysler to send me a letter to say the parts are available. I can't understand why it is taking months for this repair to take place. Please help me with this problem!

- Palm Coast, FL, USA

May 262015

Grand Cherokee 4WD 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V046000 (air bags); however, the part needed to repair the vehicle was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Updated 7/21/15 updated 9/23/15

- Avoca, NY, USA

Feb 062014

Grand Cherokee

Chrysler has failed to correct the following recalls: M35/NHTSA 12V-527 since Feb 2014 we took it to Chrysler they said it was fixed and then we received additional documentation that the fix was not corrected due to parts being incompatible. We have not heard anything since March 2015. We called the local dealer and parts were not available yet.

- St. Leonard, MD, USA

Oct 042013

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V046000 (air bags) and stated that the part needed was not available for an extended period of time. The dealer did not provide a specific date for when the part would become available. The manufacturer was contacted and could not provide an estimated date for when the vehicle would receive the recall repair. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Fort Wayne, IN, USA

Mar 012013

Grand Cherokee

I have a vehicle that is involved in a recall. I tried a year ago to get it fixed; there were no parts available. We were told we would be notified when parts came in. I just received another notice in the mail about the recall, and I am concerned for my family's safety. I need this fixed asap. I drive almost an hour both ways every day and of course my children are my first concern. I need this remedied asap, I can't believe there is a massive recall on something like this with no way to fix it. The problem has been around for quite some time, and nobody has parts. If the seatbelts malfunction, or the airbags deploy, a serious accident could occur. This is a serious safety concern, and the Jeep is the only vehicle I drive, so I do not have the luxury of waiting until parts become available. I've had to drive it.

- Stacy, MN, USA

Mar 262015

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V046000 (air bags) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Cincinnati, OH, USA

Mar 192015

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V046000 (air bags) however, the part needed to repair the vehicle was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Redondo Beach, CA, USA

Mar 092015

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 12V527000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Marshfield, MA, USA

Mar 142015

Grand Cherokee 4WD 6-cyl

Chrysler's number for this recall is R06. We have been waiting 2 years for the dealership where we bought our vehicle to get the parts in to satisfy the recall notice we received. Now we received a second recall they state over-rides the first which still has not been done. The dealership says we now are in limbo- waiting on a letter from Chrysler about the recall. They state they do not have the first part to repair our Jeep, and will not repair it until they get the new part. Blaise alexander Chrysler Jeep Dodge 1080 East college avenue state college, pa 16801

- State College , PA, USA

Sep 212010

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee. While driving approximately 40 mph, the contact drove over a bump in the road. As a result, the air bag warning light illuminated. The vehicle was taken to a dealer, where it was diagnosed that the rear curtain connector needed to be adjusted and the orc module wiring needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V046000 (air bags); however, the part needed to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 124,070.

- Agawam, MA, USA

Mar 092015

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V046000 (air bags) however, the contact was unable to have the vehicle serviced under the recall because the part needed was unavailable to perform the repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Centerville, MA, USA

Mar 042015

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V046000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Pittsburgh, PA, USA

Mar 022015

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V046000 (air bags); however, the part needed to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Oakland, CA, USA

Jan 302015

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact received a notification for NHTSA campaign id number: 12V527000 (air bags) and stated that the part needed was unavailable to repair the vehicle. The dealer was unable to inform when the part would become available. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Dunnmore , PA, USA

Jan 202015

Grand Cherokee 6-cyl

Both airbags deployed while driving northbound on interstate 95, no crash involved, they just suddenly deployed. Passenger sustained injuries (scratches, bruises, etc), which did not require paramedics attention; however, he is still complaining his right knee is a bit numb.

- Boynton Beach, FL, USA

Dec 312014

Grand Cherokee 4WD 6-cyl

Purchased and installed 4 new Goodyear Wrangler in September at town fair tire. While my son was driving at approximately 25 mph the right front passenger tire came off of the rim causing loss of steering which resulted the vehicle hitting a utility pole and going off road and hitting a stone wall, went to town fair and was asked what do you want us to do about it manager didn't seem to inclined to help us.

- Stamford , CT, USA

Dec 012014

Grand Cherokee

Air bag warning light coming on intermittantly.

- Elk Grove , CA, USA

Oct 232014

Grand Cherokee

My air bag light keeps coming on and off when ever I am driving the vehicle it was doing it a couple months ago but stopped now doing it again. And my floor boards are getting soaked under the floor mates having to clean up everyday.

- Racine, WI, USA

Sep 162014

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee. While driving at an unknown speed, the contact noticed smoke around the front end of the vehicle. In addition, the vehicle shook and stalled. The contact also stated that the passenger side air bag was coming out as if it were partially deployed. The vehicle was towed to a private mechanic, but was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified. The VIN and failure mileage were unavailable.

- Scranton, PA, USA