2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee:

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Owner Comments (Page 13 of 14)

Jan 142013

Grand Cherokee 4WD 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact stated there was a recall associated with NHTSA campaign id number 12V527000 ( air bags), however the parts were unavailable. The manufacturer was notified and they were unable to provide an expected date for the remedy parts to become available. The contact had not experienced failure. Updated 08/15/13

- White Horse Beach, MA, USA

Oct 182012

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact stated that he received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 12V527000 (air bags ) in November of 2012. The dealer was contacted to schedule and appointment for recall repairs but the parts were not available. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Billings, MT, USA

Jun 042013

Airbags inadvertently deployed.

- Grand Rapids, MI, USA

Jan 012013

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 12V527000 (air bags) December 2013 however, the part needed to complete the recall repair had not become available. The contact stated that the air bag warning light was now illuminated continuously. The manufacturer was contacted and advised that the part still had not become available. The manufacture could not provide an expected date for availability. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 100,000 and current mileage was 140,000.

- Virginia, MN, USA

Nov 082012

Grand Cherokee

This Jeep was recalled 11/08/2012 for an air bag problem. I have contacted Jeep many times with no real progress. Jeep sent me confirmation of the recall and its been over 6 months and today "06/03/2013" I called Jeep and they do not have any idea of a date they can fix it. According to the letter if its not fixed in a reasonable amount of time I should complain. I call over 6 months very unreasonable! will Jeep pay for a rental till this is done. I don't feel safe driving a car where the air can deploy at any time.

- Newington, CT, USA

May 102013

Grand Cherokee 8-cyl

I am writing about a safety recall I received in January 2013. The recall M35/NHTSA 12V-527 deals with deployment of air bags due to an electrical issue. I have followed multiple time with Chrysler on when the parts will be available to fix the problem. As of today, they still have no idea. I am concerned that we are driving a car with such a dangerous recall and the manufacturer is not addressing the issue. It appears they did the required part - send out the notification; however, they are not addressing or fixing the issue.

- Richmond, VA, USA

Nov 012012

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact received recall notice NHTSA campaign id number 12V527000 (air bags: Inadvertent air bag deployment). The contact stated that the parts were not available for the repair. The manufacturer was contacted but were unable to provide an estimated time of arrival for the parts. The current mileage was 189,000. The contact did not experience a failure.

- Peabody , MA, USA

Jan 232013

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact stated that the air bag warning light was illuminated. The contact later received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 12V527000(air bags) and took the vehicle to the dealer for inspection and repairs. The dealer advised the contact that the parts needed fro the recall service were not available. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified and advised that the parts would become available at a later date. The failure mileage was 140,000.

- Clermont, FL, USA

Dec 252012

Grand Cherokee

I had a collision with a deer and my airbags did not deploy! my brakes did not work, and my steering was dysfunctional!

- Metolius, OR, USA

Jul 182012

Grand Cherokee

The driver was driving around a curve. An oncoming vehicle crossed the center line. The driver of the Jeep moved over to avoid a head on collision and the Jeep went over and embankment and hit front end and flipped five times. The driver was ejected from the vehicle. Her daughter was in a car seat. The driver sustained multiple injuries and fractures of the spine, pelvis, ribs and also miscarried. The car was a total loss. We have pictures.

- Henderson , KY, USA

Nov 052012

Grand Cherokee 6-cyl

Air bag light came on my 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee and I saw in the newspaper that they have been recalled because of air bags going off and recalls would be sent out in January but if your light was on take it in to a dealer. I took it in ON11/12/2012 but they told me it wasn't on recall and I told them in it was in the newspaper and they said I need to wait to get my recall notice.

- Brazoria, VT, USA

Dec 062011

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact stated that the air bag warning light would illuminate intermittently. The dealer and the manufacturer were both notified, but denied any assistance with repairs to the failure because the vehicle was not included in the recall associated with NHTSA campaign id number: 02V099000 (air bags:frontal). The vehicle was not repaired. The failure and the current mileage was 130,000. The VIN was unavailable.

- Gurly, AL, USA

Oct 012011

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact stated that the horn became inoperable. The dealer diagnosed that there was a clock spring defect. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The vehicle was repaired. The failure mileage was 87,500 and the current mileage was 88,000.

- Burnville, PA, USA

Feb 062010

Grand Cherokee

Driving 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee ltd on service road of I75 in dallas. Normal road conditions and visibility. Sudden engine acceleration which could not be slowed by braking and shifting into neutral. To avoid a rear end collision, the Jeep crashed head-on through iron fencing and into trees. The airbags did not deploy. Car was deemed a total loss by the insurance company. I had the car inspected by master mechanics before it was taken off by the insurance company. Their report said that the "throttle cable linkage sleeve slid under the throttle body pivot causing the throttle to remain open."

- Irving, TX, USA

Oct 042009

Grand Cherokee

Oct 4 2009 dodged deer in road going about 30 mph hit metal light pole head on taking the pole out of the ground split bumper in two destroying front end deep V in radiator totaling my 2004 Grand Cherokee, no airbags deployed no injuries involved.

- Plattsmouth, NE, USA

Sep 112008

Grand Cherokee

After losing power steering vehicle collided with a guard rail. Air bags failed to deploy in the frontal/side collision prior to a head on collision into a median/ditch and a roll over in a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Vehicle was totaled so nothing was done to repair. Consequences were a totaled vehicle, loss of personal property and severe bodily damage to driver resulting in brain contusions and hematomas, a 7 in gash on forehead and neck surgery to correct two disc that were crushing spinal cord into a "Z" shape>

- Alpharetta, GA, USA

Jul 282008

Grand Cherokee

For the last 6 months "air bag" light comes "on" and remains and goes 'off' intermittently. I took the car to perkins eastside, crestwood, ky-502-241-3042. The dealer told me that the "event" of "air bag on" is not being recorded by the computer and they cannot find the problem. Today, I went to the dealer while the light is "on" and still could not determine the cause. The dealer indicated that the air bag controller module is faulty. This is a safety issue and I am afraid that the air bag wont deploy in case of emergency. I need your help so that the corporation replaces the computer module without any charge to me, because it is an issue of safety and public good.

- Louisville, KY, USA

Jul 092008

Grand Cherokee 8-cyl

The contact owns a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee. While driving 55 mph, the contact fell asleep at the wheel. The vehicle swerved to the right, crossed over an embankment, drove into a ditch, and struck a tree head on. The vehicle is currently at the shop being repaired. The contact sustained cuts and bruises, but no major injuries. A police report was filed. The air bags failed to deploy. She believes that had the air bags deployed, she would not have been injured. The current and failure mileages were 34,000. Update 09/10/08 the seat belt did not restrain the consumer. Updated 09/19/08.

- Rimersburg, PA, USA

Nov 052006

Grand Cherokee 6-cyl

: the contact stated while driving 70 mph on normal road conditions, the airbags did not deploy in a crash. The vehicle was impacted on the front end by another vehicle, and ended abruptly on a median strip. All the occupants were wearing their seatbelts and the airbag warning light was not illuminated prior to the crash. The driver sustained minor injuries. Pictures and a police report was taken. The vehicle was taken to the dealership for a diagnosis.

- Bakersfield, CA, USA

Apr 212006

Grand Cherokee 6-cyl

April 21, 2006: I was proceeding on a green left turn arrow and was hit by a Ford Taurus running stop light. He veered around my front end, tearing off the entire front end and pushing my vehicle into the oncoming lanes. I did not see him coming. I heard the crash, then saw a bright white light. I had lost consciousness and was awakened by a man knocking on my window. The seat belt did not hold. Air bag did not deploy. I smashed into the steering wheel causing head and chest trauma, was rushed to the er, spending two days in the hospital with a bruised heart and head lacerations. Received full body scans, X-rays, cardiac testing, dr bills ($30,000 and still counting). The lease car is totaled ($14,000 damage). I have constant pain, bruising, headaches, blurred vision, memory loss. I lost my new job as a result. Fyi: Another Jeep Cherokee hit the wall on I-95, 5-21-06 and the entire front end was gone. Curious if that seat belt held? did not see any airbags deployed. Called 911 from my cell to report the crash, 1/2 mile South of atlantic blvd exit (broward county, fl). How many deaths are actually caused by the faulty seat belts" if I had gotten broad sided, I would have gone right through my side window. I complained to my insurance company, the faulty seat belts have resulted in my having a huge claim which is going to cause my future insurance premiums to skyrocket! there must be more than just 3 incidents!! insurance companies, attorneys or owners are not reporting!"

- Coral Springs, FL, USA