2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee:

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Owner Comments (Page 9 of 15)

Sep 172015

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee. While driving at 55 mph, the air bag warning light illuminated. In addition, the contact stated that the windows failed to roll downward and upwards and the doors failed to lock electronically. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was unknown.

- Akron, OH, USA

Sep 092015

Grand Cherokee 4WD 8-cyl

The contact owns a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V046000 (air bags) however the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. MA 10/26/2015

- Yuma, AZ, USA

Feb 232015

Grand Cherokee 4WD 8-cyl

The contact owns a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V046000 (air bags) and stated that the parts needed for the repair were not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. MA 10/15/2015 the dealer informed the consumer she did not need the hitch installed and it was to protecting in case of an accident. Two days later, the consumer was rear ended. There was no fire or injury. Upadted

- Allegan, MI, USA

Aug 212015

Grand Cherokee

On August 21, my son and I were proceeding through an intersection doing approximately 40 mph when an oncoming driver failed to yield and turned directly in front of our Jeep. We were wearing our seat belts. We both sustained head injuries as a result of the crash. I don't remember much afterwards. We are healing and just thankful we are able to tell our story. The Jeep has been declared totaled due to extensive front end damage and a bent frame. Things could have been a lot worse. However, I still have to wonder why the airbags did not deploy.

- Godfrey, IL, USA

Feb 062015

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V046000 (air bags) however, the part needed to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Fredericksburg, VA, USA

Jan 302015

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V046000 (air bags); however, the part needed to perform the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. The VIN was not available.

- Woodstock, GA, USA

Feb 192015

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V313000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time to provide the part to do the repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Columbus, OH, USA

Feb 022015

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact received a notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V046000 (air bags); however, the part needed was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Overland Park, KS, USA

Feb 062015

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V046000 (air bags) and stated that the part needed was not available for several months. The dealer did not give a specific date for when the part would become available. The manufacturer could not provide an estimated date for when the vehicle would receive the recall repair. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Branchville, NJ, USA

Jan 072015

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 15V046000 (air bags) and 12V527000 (air bags) however, the parts needed to perform the repair were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Bellefonte, PA, USA

Jul 282015

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee. While driving the vehicle, the air bag warning light flashed and a chime sounded. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 156,500. MA 10/5 the consumer stated the problem occurred for several days. Updated 01/27/16.

- Safety Harbor, FL, USA

Jul 292015

Grand Cherokee

The airbag red light and beep warning keep going off and on repeatedly. This started on July 29, 2015. This happens every time I drive the car.

- Safety Harbor, FL, USA

Jul 292015

Grand Cherokee

I am just wanting to inform you that approx. 3+ years ago I have been getting the airbag recall and also rec. The recall for the gas tank problem. When I finally was able to take the car in for the airbag recall (3 yrs later) they finally got the part at this time they advised me that I was also on the gas tank recall and said they would call me when the parts came in. I found out that the first airbag repair did not work and they were scheduling for the second repair. At the time I took my car in they not only didn't have the necessary parts to do the 2nd airbag repair but I asked them when the trailer hitches were going to be available for that repair and strangely my vehicle was no longer on that recall. Which made me very suspicious as to why I was for several years and then all of a sudden dropped. I figured they were redoing the recall list to make it less but my problem is that I need a safe car as I Transport my grandchild and 86 year old mother in my car. What kind of games are they playing? I would like assistant with getting the 2 recalls taken cared of or have the buy back option of the $1,000 over market value that I have read about so I can travel safely with my family in a safe car.

- Gifford, WA, USA

Nov 072012

Grand Cherokee 4WD 6-cyl

Our Jeep was recalled in Nov of 2012 for faulty airbags that could deploy and cause a crash without warning. We brought the vehicle right in for repairs and have since been driving it around with two children in it. We then received another recall notice in Jan 2015 stating that the original repair does not satisfactorily eliminate the potential for inadvertent deployments. We have since used the vehicle only when needed, but not with our children in the car, and have yet to be contacted to fix the problem that has the potential to cause a crash. We have contacted the dealer on several occasions only to be told that they do not have the parts to fix the problem, and have no idea when they will have the parts to fix the problem that can potentially cause a crash. Today when we contacted the dealer and said that we have barely driven the car in seven months and we need to know if the vehicle is at least "safe to drive", we were told that they don't know if it is safe to drive and they also still don't know when they will be able to fix the problem. At this point we will not drive the vehicle and want them to buy the vehicle back. I don't understand how they are allowed to issue a safety recall on a car with a potentially deadly problem, but then tell the consumer that they have to drive the car until they get the parts....updated 10-13-15

- Northport, NY, USA

Mar 252013

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 12V527000 (air bag) and 15V046000 (air bags); however, the parts needed to do the repairs were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repairs. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Scottsdale , AZ, USA

Jun 172013

Grand Cherokee 4WD 8-cyl

Swerved to avoid a deer and ended up in the ditch. My air bag failed to deploy and my face hit the steering wheel. Cut above eye requiring stitches, my teeth cut through mouth requiring stitches. Severe concussion. Compression fractures L1-L3, T4-T8 in back. My right clavicle was broken due to seat belt not catching. Air lifted to hospital.

- Long Grove, IL, USA

Mar 262015

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V046000 (air bags). The part needed to perform the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Moncks Corner, SC, USA

Jul 022015

Grand Cherokee

I received a recall notice from fca (Fiat Chrysler automobiles) in March, 2015 that that occupant restraint control module was defective and it needed to be repaired. As of today, July 2, 2015, the company still does not have the parts ready to remedy the defect. This is an unreasonable time delay to repair the safety defect.

- Sharonville, OH, USA

Jul 022015

Grand Cherokee

The air bag light keeps going on and off. I have not found a pattern as to what causes this to happen. I am worried because I have seen other recalls on Jeep Grand Cherokee which caused the air bag to deploy for no reason.

- Baton Rouge, LA, USA

Apr 142015

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V046000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Sewell, NJ, USA