2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee:

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Owner Comments

Jul 162015

Grand Cherokee

It shook so bad when you were going to slow down or when over a bump.

- , Spirit Lake, IA, USA

Apr 012015

Grand Cherokee Freedom V6

Car shakes violently at 40 MPH or above when I hit a small bump.

- , Milltown, NJ, USA

Jan 022015

Grand Cherokee Laredo 4.0L 6-cyl

I am the second owner of my 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4.0 6-cylinder. When I purchased it from the original owner there was only 60,000 miles on it! Around 80,000 miles I started to notice a slight shimmy in the front end. Nearly overnight the shimmy turned into full blown death wobble which NO SHOP has been able to fix.

I nearly crashed on the freeway going 65mph. I was driving along the freeway when there was a slight bump which threw my car into full death wobble. I had my two young children in the backseat and in frantic last ditch effort to save us all I slammed on my horn to notify other drivers so that they could get out of the way. There was no controlling the vehicle until my speed dropped below 35mph, which is extremely dangerous on a freeway. I slowly merged to the far right lane and exited. This has been a constant issue since.

EVERYTHING has been replaced under the front end and still nothing is fixing the wobble. We finally brought it to a shop who was confident they'd be able to fix it however after trial and error and several hundreds of dollars later they were unable to figure it out. I would LOVE to file a lawsuit but have no idea where to start. My whole family could have been killed and this seems to be an issue with SEVERAL Jeep owners. I am not one to quickly blame the auto industry for common wear and tear issues but clearly they did SOMETHING wrong with the steering for this to be a CONSTANT issue with Jeep owners.

Any help would be appreciated. As of now my Jeep is parked and we are out a vehicle and money.

- , Rocklin, CA, USA

Feb 252013

Grand Cherokee Laredo 4.0L

My husband has changed almost everything in the front end of my jeep and still hasn't fixed the problem. I can no longer drive my jeep because it is extremely dangerous!!! I have had cars that had a little shake before but that doesn't even begin to describe this problem! I just want a fix for this so I can drive my jeep again! Please if anyone knows a sure fix, besides a match in the gas tank, let me know!!!

- , Belmont, OH, USA