Huge win for car owners! All TSBs to be made public. The Center for Auto Safety just made the NHTSA (US Government) make public the full text of all TSBs from now on. They are the same organization that has petitioned the NHTSA & filed lawsuits to protect car owners over exploding gas tanks & other major safety issues. Whenever you drive in your car, you are safer thanks in part to a lot of work over the years by this small but very effective consumer advocacy group.

Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety.


pretty bad
Crashes / Fires:
0 / 0
Injuries / Deaths:
0 / 0
Average Mileage:
3,200 miles

About These NHTSA Complaints:

This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.

So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee brakes problems

brakes problem

Find something helpful? Spread the word.
Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee:

Unsubscribe any time. We don't sell/share your email.

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Owner Comments

problem #1

Jun 242005

Grand Cherokee 4WD 8-cyl

  • Automatic transmission
  • 3,200 miles


Brake system - vehicle keeps displaying warining message "service electronic braking system". dealership has tried to fix this message on four attempts. Parts have been replaced along wth updates to the calibration by Chrysler all to no solution. Problem usually returns less than a day or two after receiving vehicle from dealership. Dealer noted one other customer is having the same problem, Chrysler is trying different methods on each vehicle top correct the They are not sure why it is happening and are basically throwing darts hoping to cure the problem.

- Wayne, MI, USA

Not what you are looking for?