2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee exhaust system problems

exhaust system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee:

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Owner Comments

Sep 012015

Grand Cherokee

Well it happened again. I originally had this problem in December of 2012 and it cost around $3000 to fix a $20 part because of the poor design and all the labor involved. The same bolts on the same manifold broke again. They told me when it was fixed the first time that it would be better than it originally was. In less than 3 years the bolts they replaced after drilling out the originals broke again. Now they want to charge me even more this time to fix it. Truly unbelievable. Waiting to hear back from a supervisor at Chrysler. I'm pretty sure this is the definition of a manufacturers defect. Very sad that a dealership service department can't even fix there own vehicles correctly for whatever reason.

- , Euclid, OH, USA

Jan 122012

Grand Cherokee

A $20 dollar manifold gasket seal and bolts cost close to $3000 to fix. The bolts busted on the vehicle causing the leak. The poor design of the vehicle doesn't allow for a normally easy fix. The engine needed to be dropped and the bolts needed to be drilled out of the engine block. A lot of labor and I was told it would be better than ever. They were wrong.

- , Euclid, OH, USA

Feb 112013

Grand Cherokee Laredo 4.7L V8

at around 45,000 miles we had to get exhaust manifold replaced. Of course this was a special manifold that cost $575 dollars and luckily was covered under warranty. But now it is apparently bad again and will cost ME the same. This jeep has been nothing but problems.

- , Louisville, KY, USA