2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee:

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Owner Comments

Jul 102008

Grand Cherokee

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The vehicle's front driver side wheel fell off while the consumer was driving. The consumer stated when the wheel fell off, the vehicle slid 180 feet down the parkway, in which the vehicle continually slammed into the concrete divider. Afterwards, the consumer noticed the entire wheel had disconnected from the vehicle. The dealer informed the consumer that there was no grease in the ball joint, which caused the ball part of the joint to grind down like sandpaper, metal on metal, in which the ball slipped out of the socket.

- Yorktown Heights, NY, USA

Mar 132008

Grand Cherokee 6-cyl

Our 2005 Jeep Cherokee has 16,000 miles on it. I was stopped at a stop light. I made a right turn and in the middle of my turn, the left front wheel fell off. I lost my breaks but because I was going so slow I soon came to a stop. I called lone star Jeep Chrysler and had it towed to them. A Chrysler engineer came to inspect the vehicle and determined I had a collision. In essence they said I was lying. No airbags were deployed and I stated the incident exactly as it happened. The vehicle is still being repaired and it will be at our cost. The dallas morning news has reported today that there has been a history of the upper ball joints separating in Jeep yet Chrysler refuses to take responsibility.

- Dallas, TX, USA