2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee:

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Owner Comments

Oct 252015

Grand Cherokee

We have only had this Jeep for 2 years when we got it looked good it only had 80,000 miles on it now 118,000 front ball bearing broke while we were driving it fortunately we were in a alley behind our house the auto mechanic said if we were driving it on the main road we could of flipped it over and we could of got killed he checked the other side and said it was going bad too. It costed us $774.14 to fix this after we had it fixed there was a recall on it the ball bearings this happened on 10-25-1015 I was wondering what else can I

- Bluefield, WV, USA

Aug 082013

Grand Cherokee 8-cyl

As I pulled into my apartment complex around 5:30am on 8/08/2013, I noticed a loud "thud" sound and my Jeep became stalled in the driveway. I pressed gently on the gas pedal to move my vehicle out of oncoming traffic, but the Jeep wouldn't move and then finally jolted into drive without me pressing on the gas pedal. I was able to coast to a parking spot. The service 4-wheel drive indicator light came on the dash before I shut the ignition off. The vehicle has been serviced appropriately and efficiently over the past 2 years since I purchased it. I called shore tire on 8/9/2013 to set up an appointment for a mechanic to look at my vehicle. I was able to drive the Jeep at 10mph a mile down the road on 8/12/2013 to the service shop. I was informed the parking brake ad dislodged itself from the shaft, dismantling the rear backing plate system, left rear ABS sensor, left rear axle/hub and damaged the rear rotors. I had to pay $1,320.30 for parts and labor.

- Lenexa, KS, USA

Jul 282012

Grand Cherokee 4WD 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact stated that the front driver side wheel detached from the vehicle. The vehicle was towed to a local mechanic who advised the contact that the ball joint failed. The manufacturer was contact and stated that the part was not under warranty, providing no assistance. The failure and the current mileages were 22,000. Updated 11/27/12 the consumer stated the vehicle only has 23,000 miles. A mechanic informed the consumer that this should never have happened at that mileage. The mechanic also stated one ball joint was rusted and pitted and the other black and shinny. Updated 12/10/2012

- Syracuse, NY, USA

Nov 182008

Grand Cherokee

Had a rock krawler 3.5 X factor lift kit installed on my 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Rock krawler acknowledged an incorrect bolt was sent out with the kit and could cause failures to the system. Before I could get it in to be looked at the bolt snapped while I was driving on the road causing a multitude of events. First the actual bolt was ruined, which caused the strut fork the slam down onto the strut which bent and punctured the strut, also the front right axle got bent and shaved down because of the instant rubbing and heat caused by the friction which made it unbalanced. Rock krawler sent me correct bolts and new forks, that is it! they has said they will pay for the strut, but not the axle or and labor costs that go along with fixing the problems their defective equipment caused.

- Davenport, FL, USA

Apr 212006

Grand Cherokee 6-cyl

: the contact stated after two months of purchase the windshield wipers suddenly stopped working. The vehicle was taken to the service dealer who repaired the wiper motor. Later, the vehicle began to sway while driving 30-60 mph. One day, while the vehicle was swaying, it left the roadway and struck the guard rail. The incident was not reported to the police and no one was injured. The dealer inspected the vehicle and determined, the accident damaged an axel part and it needed to be replaced. The part was not replaced and the vehicle continues to sway, vibrate and pull to the right. Updated 5/10/2006 -

- Tujunga, CA, USA