2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee:

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Owner Comments

Sep 272008

Grand Cherokee

Purchased 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee new. Within first 6 months have been taking it bake to the dealer for intermittent lack/stalling. This happens while driving at different speeds and mostly making slight turns or when I begin to turn as well as up and down hill. This has been going on for the last 2 yrs, but most recently has happened alot more offend. I have taken it to the dealer with no result each time. Within the last 2 weeks is has stalled at least 7 times. 9/27/08 I was injured from slamming the breaks and fighting the steering to avoid a head on collision at an intersection while starting to make a turn. I did take it to the dealer and again with no result. The day I dropped it off at the dealer it shut down in their lot. I was told that this would have been recorded in the codes, but they told me they found nothing. The next day it stalled while dropping my son off at school. He was with me when I was injured so I can prove it does happen. I did call the dealer back and that was 3 days ago. They will not return my phone call let alone honor my warranty. This car is not safe.

- Levittown, PA, USA