2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee:

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Owner Comments (Page 1 of 21)

Jun 302015

Grand Cherokee

The check engine (gas cap) warning light came on. Then I was backing out of our driveway, stopped to put garage door down and the vehicle quit (while in reverse and it was idling). The vehicle started right up when I put it in park but then quit again approximately 2 hours later when I was pulling into a parking space. We took it into a dealership in nampa and they stated that they fixed the problem with the check engine light but they did not know why the vehicle quit. They informed us that there was a recall on the ignition switch and that could be the problem but parts to fix it were not available. I called Chrysler and they told me parts may be available in September. I am afraid to drive the vehicle because we live in a remote mountain area and if the vehicle quits, I will not have power brakes or power steering when driving along the river on a very curvy, treacherous road. I cannot afford to leave the vehicle parked until parts are available at an apparently unknown date. Chrysler did suggest that I have the ignition replaced and they may or may not reimburse me. The dealership said the parts they currently have may or may not fix the problem. Can you please tell me what you would suggest" what happens if the vehicle quits and there is an accident? is Chrysler and/or the dealership liable for any injury and/or damages" thank you.

- Cascade, ID, USA

Jul 022010

Grand Cherokee

When driving and you hit a bump dash light flash, car shuts down sometimes I've taken all keys, rings ect.off but that don't help key still moves when driving, in June 2015 took it to have 2 recall orders fix which was flash final drive module and the final drive controller module every sense then car is worst off now, now transmission problems pop up that never poped up before this was done at ray laethem. Had to buy and older car cause half the time to scared to dri the Jeep I paid 15,000 dollars for I just want this Jeep to run right and safe or buy it back I'm still waiting for the new ignition.

- Detroit, MI, USA

Jul 212015

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V438000 (electrical system); however, the part to do the recall repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Kingston, NY, USA

Jul 302015

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V438000 (electrical system); however, the part needed to repair the vehicle was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Crete, IL, USA

Jul 292015

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee. While driving approximately 65 mph, all the lights on the instrument panel, headlights, and the tail lights seized without warning. The vehicle was merged to the side of the road. After approximately one minute, the vehicle resumed normal operation. The vehicle was driven to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the part needed was not available to repair the vehicle. Also, the contact received a notification for NHTSA campaign number: 14V438000 (electrical system). The same failure recurred three times the same day. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 140,000.

- Fort Worth, TX, USA

Sep 032014

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V438000 (electrical system); however, the part needed to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. The VIN was not available.

- Wake Forest , NC, USA

Sep 172014

- Pensacola, FL, USA

Jul 212014

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V438000 (electrical system); however, the part needed to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Bonney Lake, WA, USA

Sep 162014

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact received a recall notification for NHTSA campaign number: 14V438000 (electrical system) and stated that the part needed was unavailable to perform the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Battle Creek, MI, USA

Jul 242014

Grand Cherokee 6-cyl

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Consumer writes in regards to parts not available to complete recall notice #14V-438000.

- Palm Harbor, FL, USA

Jan 032011

Grand Cherokee

Engine suddenly stops, all lights on dashboard come on, unable to steer properly and control vehicle...breaking doesn't work well either when this happens..on occassion I have been able to re-start the engine immediately but the check engine light comes on and stays on for a few days. Has happened while driving, while parked, while idling in traffic...I only have the ignition key in use I do not have a heavy key chain. Extremely scary when this has happened on interstate!! please let me know if there is a fix for this problem. I have taken it to a shop several times and they cannot find anything and tell me there are no recalls on my vehicle.

- Winchester, TN, USA

Sep 032014

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V438000 (electrical system) however, the part needed to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. In addition, while driving at various speeds, the engine stalled and the traction and esp warning lights illuminated. The vehicle restarted. The failure mileage was unknown.

- Brookland, NY, USA

Jul 212014

- Wilburton, PA, USA

Sep 252012

Grand Cherokee

When driving my transmission would be stuck in a gear sometimes and other times it would shift to neutral while on city roads and highways. This would happen mostly when accelerating when the automatic transmission had to shift to the next gear. It wouldn't or would go to neutral so I had to shift the transmission back and forth from neutral to drive to catch a gear. I read about a recall back in 2013 but Chrysler said it did not apply to my vehicle so I paid to get the problem fixed. Since Chrysler is currently having recall problems I'm curious to find out if this was something that wasn't reported.

- Hillsborough, NJ, USA

Jun 172015

Grand Cherokee

I was driving down the road and all of my dash lights came on, the heater and radio stopped working and my Jeep seemed to be stalling out. I was driving down a road where I was unable to pull over. The car behind me almost rear ended me because of this. This same problem has happened almost on a daily bases. I first thought it had something to do with the new key I had made but then I came to find out about the ignition switch recall. I can't believe that there still is not a part to fix this issue. I really can't believe that Jeep does not think that this is a safety issue. I am afraid to drive my Jeep very far at all. I have not been able to go on any long trips this summer in fact I had to stay home on my vacation as this is the only car I have. I can't afford to buy another car as I am still making payments on this one and no one will even think about buying it because of this issue. Is it going to take someone to die before anything is done about this. If I had known about this problem I would have never bought my Jeep.

- Caldwell, ID, USA

Feb 172015

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V438000 (electrical system); however, the recall parts needed were not available. The contact exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Littleton, CO, USA

Jul 072015

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V438000 (electrical system:ignition:switch); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- New York Mills, NY, USA

Feb 252015

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact stated that while attempting to start the vehicle, the key was difficult to turn over and the vehicle stalled several times. The contact stated that the various warning lamps flashed on the instrument panel. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer, who stated that the remote control starter was causing the failure and not the ignition switch. The vehicle was taken back a second time and they were not able to duplicate the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The contact was included in NHTSA campaign number: 14V438000 (electrical system), but the dealer declined to confirm if the part was available to receive the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the failure and they provided no remedy. The approximate failure mileage was 97,704.

- Braintree, MA, USA

Mar 012015

Grand Cherokee

While driving the gear lights on the dash will all have a square around them. When it does this the truck becomes in neutral, and is unable to accelerate. This has happened numerous times since we purchased it in Feb 2015. This is quite dangerous and luckily we have not had an accident.

- New Hudson, MI, USA

Feb 032015

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact stated that the vehicle failed to start. The vehicle was taken to the dealer but was not diagnosed or repaired. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V438000 (electrical system) and stated that the parts needed for the recall repair was not available. The manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 86,000.

- Jackson , OH, USA