2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee:

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Owner Comments

Nov 062014

Grand Cherokee

"takata recall" I was involved in a side impact auto accident, air bags never inflated and I was injured. I was driving as a motorist went thru a stop sign and push the Jeep into the other lane of traffic, I was going straight on a residential street.

- Westbury, NY, USA

Jul 202014

Grand Cherokee

Driving car just shuts off and loss of steering and breaks was in a rear end account because of this Chrysler still not fixing I don't know what's going on with it unsafe to drive.

- Laporte, IN, USA

Aug 152013

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact stated that the fuel line had a hole in it and caused fuel to pour out. In addition, the brake transmission interlock system did not work. The vehicle was taken to a dealer to be repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The failure mileage was 100,000.

- Johnson City, TN, USA

Dec 012013

Grand Cherokee 4WD 6-cyl

Started December 2013. When cold outside, Jeep won't downshift. Going about 40mph & Jeep stays at 3,000rpm's (or higher). When at stop sign/red light & I try to go it revs to 3000rpm's but only goes about 10mph. When it does finally reach 30mph-40mph it won't down shift. I have almost been rear ended several times. Taken to independent mechanic last year & put $700 into it. Was fine all spring & summer but yesterday was the first day the temps dropped into the 30's & it has started all over again. I cannot afford to go through this all winter again & cannot afford to keep dumping money into this Jeep.

- Catlettsburg, KY, USA

Apr 182012

Grand Cherokee 4WD 8-cyl

A year and a half ago I was on my way back home from a half an hour drive from town when I decided to stop at my parents house to get a drink. I wasn't inside for less then ten minutes, when I went to leave my Jeep would not start at all. After a half hour later looking everything over I did notice the fuel pump fuse was melted and blown. I was asked bye american Chevrolet dealership if I had something plugged into my cigarette lighter that could of blown it. I've been a mechanic for 11 years now and I've never known to see the fuel pump fuse ran to other components meaning interior outlets. Now a half year later I have been having problems starting my Jeep at times and having no power to the motor at all. I want to get rid of this Jeep. Now I had a recall on the neutral safety switch and just today I get another recall for the ignition switch. I keep having axel popping sounds out of the front passenger side and I'm fed up with this Jeep.

- Tilton, IL, USA

Sep 112013

Grand Cherokee

TL-the contact owns 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact received a notification for recall NHTSA campaign id number: 13V252000 (fuel system, gasoline, structure). However, the part was not available to do the repairs. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Pam

- Philladelphia, PA, USA