7.1

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee:

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Owner Comments

Oct 112007

Grand Cherokee 4WD 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee. While driving 50 mph, the vehicle began making grinding noises. The vehicle came to a sudden stop, but the engine was still running. The contact drove to a local dealer. The vehicle is currently in the repair shop and the contact is waiting to find out the cause of the failure. The current and failure mileages were 16,000. Updated 10/31/07.

- Kenosha, WI, USA

Sep 162006

Grand Cherokee

While driving a rented 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee on an interstate highway, the engine stopped running. I was able to steer the vehicle to the shoulder and restart the engine. I drove cautiously without further incidents. On the return trip on a state highway, the engine unexpectedly stopped. Again, I safely steered the vehicle to the shoulder and restarted the engine. This time, I realized that moving my right leg while driving, my right knee had hit the key and moved it to the "off" position. Both incidents did not result in an accident since the roadway was empty of other vehicles.

- Vienna, VA, USA