2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee:

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Apr 012010

Grand Cherokee

When turning left or right at slow speed the engine RPM drop from about 600 RPM to 300 or 400 RPM and then stalls. This happened 11 time in 2010 and then final disappeared. It now happen in 4 times since 24 March 2014. Twice it happened in northern NJ as I tried to enter the garden state parkway, once in a shiopping mall and two weeks ago as I was turn off the main road into my street. Recently I have written the dealer where I purchased the vehicle explaining the problem but I have never received even an acknowledgement. I was told by Chrysler customer service that I would have to have an expensive analysis done. When this was done in 2010 they could not find anything. I was told they had to see it happen. I had it happen 1000 ft from their facility, but they refused see the vehicle unless it was towed. I feel that this is a very dangerous situation especially when it occurs turning on to a high speed highway.

- Coraopolis, PA, USA

Oct 102013

Grand Cherokee 8-cyl

Started with traction control light flashing, then it slowed vehicle felt like brakes were on, gave it more gas and got no speed increase, pressed on the brake and then it seemed to surge and speed up on its own. This was unexpected acceleration &could have lost control. After this! it went back to normal driving. Next day took a 110 mile trip traveling 70 mph on highway no issues until I arrived at destination pulled into driveway and put in park and several warning lights came on ABS, esp, bas, &traction control light flashing & service 4 wheel drive... I had no problems until I stopped... when I started up to return home all the above lights stayed on backed up out of driveway, when I put it in drive and gave it gas it started to make a bad grinding sound like metal on metal a clunking sound and did no¿T respond to fuel peddle. I increased speed then I felt it release like park brake being released... it drove normal back home dash lights still on, ... 110 mile trip doing 70 most of the way... at home I used the built in vehicle scanner and got code U1417 which indicates front left wheel sensor... I replaced both sides same grinding sound, replaced the 2 back sensor...¦ now I have no lights on dash and no grinding clunking sounds no sounds at all. But when I drive I get the traction control light flashing giving it gas I can no¿T accelerate above 25 mph, seems to release at lower speeds below 25mph but it feels like the brakes are on and something it decreasing engine power... this is a dangerous problem! when I pulled unto traffic and I could no¿T get up to speed I almost got into a broadside accident... I thought I had fixed the problem tested it in my driveway no dash lights on, and no grinding or clunking sound¦ so what is it now?... is it some traction control problem seems to be a fathom problem a lot of Jeep owners are having!!

- Clarksville, TN, USA