1.8

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee:

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Owner Comments

Jan 162016

Grand Cherokee

During normal operation, the electronic stability program (esp) feature automatically activates itself even on a dry roadway and in optimal driving conditions where the risk of skidding or hydroplaning are minimal. Additionally, the airbag warning light illuminates for no apparent reason on the instrument panel.

- Good Hope, GA, USA

Aug 182015

Grand Cherokee

We contacted West brothers Chrysler dealership in sullivan, mo in Feb. 2015 due to multiple recalls on the Jeep. They were aware the Jeep was not running, we were told to tow it to dealership on Feb 26, 2015 and that all parts would be there in 2 to 3 weeks, I agreed to pay for a diagnostic test if the Jeep still would not start after recall was complete. I was told diagnostic test could not be done until after the P57 recall was complete. After several months of being told parts would be in I received a phone call from joe boulware on July 23, 2015 stating we had one day to move the Jeep or it would be towed. He said he had spoke with my son (the previous owner) on several occasions telling him to move Jeep. This was false as my son was incarcerated all the dates he gave. We met with general manager who said we were not welcome to do business there anymore due to my health issues and accusations made by joe boulware, they refused to do recalls on this Jeep or on another Chrysler truck I own that needs a safety recall done. In our presence, but not on speaker phone the general manager telephoned Chrysler to inquire when P57 part would be in, he identified himself using my sons name who is in the Missouri department of corrections instead of his own, he told us the help line informed him they had no estimated date for part to be released, when I spoke with Chrysler they found record of his call on 8-18-15 but information would have been false as part became available 8-14-15. I filed complaint with Chrysler and they issued the dealership a red letter complaint.

- Sullivan, MO, USA

May 082014

Grand Cherokee

While driving the vehicle on the hwy all the interior lights on the dashboard flickered on, and then the car lost power. Has happened multiple times since the, and we haven't driven it in 3 months. Chrysler sent us a recall notice last year, but still has not manufactured a part to replace this safety recall. Recall # P57 / NHTSA 14V-567. Since this problem started I have wasted time and money trying to have it repaired..... and it keeps on happening. Jeep dealers should issue loaner cars, until they have a part to fix this.

- Parkland, FL, USA

Jun 282014

Grand Cherokee 8-cyl

I filed a complaint back in January 2014 regarding this issue. It went no where with NHTSA. Chrysler/Fiat sent out recall N23...their fix for vehicles that might roll when remote start was used.this recall reprogramming caused Jeep to loose 4X4, 4X4low etc. Some get stuck in 4low, some in 2high. After almost $700 and months of aggravation, paying to replace my actuator (which was fine!), I still have the problem with no 4X4, 4X4 low or ability to shift transfer case into neutral. I had to have the dealer clear the error codes again! I am realtor in upstate NY and use my 4X4 regularly!! I don't want to get up on some mountain dirt road and find out I don't have my stability control, 4X4low or other! this is a grave safety issue for those that use 4X4 low especially. During this past winter I didn't even have regular 4X4 and my Jeep fishtailed in the snow. Please do something to force Chrysler to fix this safety problem. Thank you.

- Hancock, NY, USA

Feb 022014

Grand Cherokee 6-cyl Diesel

Lost 4X4 drive low range. Problem is directly related to the "safety recall N23 / NHTSA 13V-175 reprogram final drive controller module" that a Jeep service center had preformed. I am from North Canada where we have snow from early November to may end it's not safe to travel without functional 4 wheel drive.do we have to wait till someone freezes to death or dies from dehyadration in desert until Chrysler do something.

- Edmonton, AL, USA

Jan 152010

Grand Cherokee

I recently purchased a newer model used vehicle that has started to present some serious concerns that the dealership where I purchased it cannot figure out the problem and discounts my complaint. My vehicle's motor acts as if is going to stall on take off from a stop position. I have attempted on 3 separate occasions to have the problem serviced by the dealership's service department; however, the dealership tells me they have no concerns with the vehicle. Although the problem is not presenting itself when I bring it to the dealership, it is happening more often now than in the beginning of the vehicle's purchase that I know the problem is escalating. I cannot figure out what "triggers" this event except that when it does happen, my two young children are in the vehicle. A new issue also has presented itself. On July 4, as we were traveling down a narrow road aligned by trees, the vehicle down shifted so hard it cause the vehicle to accelerate and forcibly jerk; however, we immediately regained control of the vehicle. My ABS, esp and bas lights are displayed and I have an appointment with the dealership to have this serviced for Tuesday, July 6, at which tme I will also ask them to perform another inspection/service my stalling motor issue as well as the new accelerating/jerking issue.

- Pace, FL, USA