9.3

2. ignition module & key fobs replaced (1 reports)
  3. replace harness (1 reports)
2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee:

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Owner Comments

Aug 182014

Grand Cherokee LX 3.7L V6

We would go somewhere and the car wouldn't start, couldn't shift gears, no radio, nothing. Then wait and would eventually start. We had this problem for the past year, thought it was the remote/key, then the battery, finally a friend said check the starter. Followed the wires and the one was corroded and partially unplugged. Finally got it cleaned and plugged in, the clip retainer was gone. This last 2 weeks it started again. Got stuck at a parking lot in pouring rain and lightning. I had a long screw driver to reach up into it, tapped back together, started right up. Took it to repairman he replaced the harness because of the second plug for the starter was arcing and melting also. So far works fine.

- , Romulus, MI, USA

Aug 002013

Grand Cherokee Overland 5.7L V8

Thank God we had the extended warranty. Our deductible was $100 each occurrence. Each key and the ignition module went out at different times. Still the warranty cost $1600 for 3 years.

- , Tinton Falls, NJ, USA

Sep 262013

Grand Cherokee LX 3,2

My Jeep just wouldn't start and I finally got it going enought to get it to my mechanic. After a day or two of diagnosing the problem and talking with Chrysler, they figured out that it was the Ignition Module. My mechanic tried to get the part from the internet, other dealers, other suppliers and from Jeep itself. Nobody had one and they are back ordered for 6 weeks! Can you go six weeks without a vehicle? You will see hundreds of people complaining online about the lack of parts from Chrysler these days - very scary.

This will be last Chrysler product I ever own. R.I.P.

- , Syracuse, NY, USA

Oct 012013

Grand Cherokee Laredo 3.7L V6

So Jeep tells me it is a computer module that has gone bad and oh BTW the part is on National Back Order.

Won't have the module until November sometime.....

Understanding that these things happen all I was looking for was a loaner vehicle - Because its a month so far dealership and corporate have done nothing to help.

Either they are switching to a new supplier or this problem is worse than they are saying it is.

I was lucky it happened in my driveway but this could have happened anywhere as there was no warning. They said it isn't a safety issue - I don't know their definition but if this happened on a highway where the car just dies - def a safety issue in my book....

Sad to say I purchased 6 chrysler vehicles over the last 10 years- I won't be purchasing any more....

- , Charlotte, NC, USA

Oct 082013

Grand Cherokee Laredo 3.7L V6

Same problem as reported on this site - all of a sudden - nothing - car would not start.

towed to dealer and so far they said I need new keys- but not sure that would fix the problem...

Will report back soon

- , Charlotte, NC, USA

Feb 272012

Grand Cherokee Laredo 3.4L

No warning for this problem car was running great. Tried to start and got nothing but error message on dash says damaged key. had to have it towed to dealer. Tow truck driver tells me it's a common problem he has towed many jeeps with same problem. dealer tells me that it's not common but seams real familiar with the problem.

- , Middle Island, NY, USA