2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee:

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Owner Comments

Nov 102015

Grand Cherokee

I was traveling on montrose parkway in rockville, md. I was traveling at about 45mph. I approached a slight bend to the left that had a slight decline. I lost control on debris that was left over from an accident earlier that morning. I struck and went over the curb with the right side of my vehicle. I went head on into a steel light post incased in a concert footer. The vehicle sustained very extensive damage to the front end. The airbags did not deploy during the collision. This is a very major concern to me because this could have turned out way worse, but I was very, very lucky to be able to only sustain bruising. This vehicle was a total loss.

- Bethesda, MD, USA

Aug 192014

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact stated that the key failed to turn into the off position. The vehicle was taken to the dealer and was diagnosed that the shifter needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 105,936.

- Mcewen, TN, USA

Feb 232013

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact stated that she experienced low visibility because the windshield wipers would not properly clear the windshield. Additionally, while driving approximately 25 mph and depressing the brake pedal she noticed an abnormal noise coming from the front end of the vehicle. The contact also stated that the rear of the vehicle would sway while driving at various speeds. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer for diagnosis. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 92,000.

- Sayreville, NJ, USA

Aug 202013

Grand Cherokee

Tires have been getting un even wear. Took vehicle to certified shop, they inform me my suspension is gone. I took my vehicle to dealership, where I was told it cant be bad. I have only done highway driving with this vehicle, I don't see how it went out so soon. I read online and a lot of other people have the same complaint.

- Yuba City, CA, USA

Sep 272011

Grand Cherokee 4WD 8-cyl

The contact owns a 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact stated that while driving at various speeds, the vehicle stalled without any warnings. The vehicle was taken to the dealer. The technician was unable to determine what was causing the problem. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 51,000 and the current mileage was 94,000. Updated 12/26/13 the passenger side mirror was replaced. The speakers were not working correctly, the stabilizer bushings were replaced.

- Waterbury, CT, USA

Jan 302012

Grand Cherokee 4WD 8-cyl

Tire pressure monitoring system - valve stems corroded badly - appear to be made of poor quality aluminum - eventually broke off when attempting to add air pressure. Could have easily broken off when driving just due to vibration and caused a sudden loss of air pressure resulting in loss of control of vehicle. Have replace three units so far at a cost of over $300. Have kept old parts and invoices and pictures of badly corroded units. Please recall before someone gets hurt. Jeep has replaced units with brass units now!!! they should pay for their mistakes. Parts made by schrader electronics.

- Milford, CT, USA