2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee:

2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee Owner Comments

Nov 262014

Grand Cherokee

During a snow storm on 11/26/2014 while 5 mo. Pregnant my car went off the highway into the middle median during the evening commute because the 4WD did not work.I changed from right lane to left lane at a speed of 30-35mph to allow space for oncoming merging traffic.when changing lanes I kept going left and could not stay on the traveled portion.I had to drive in reverse to get out over the plow bank and into the travel way.once home I could not make it up my 450ft long driveway and the rear end kept sliding out- the 4WD did not work. 5mo pregnant I could not shovel myself out and had to wait until thanksgiving morning for assistance, as a result the plow truck could not clean the driveway.went to the svc dept of my dealership.they informed me there was as software update correcting an issue with the N23 recall.I was about the 6-7 car with a similar issue. At first there was no software update, but it appears a software update was initiated in the fall of 2014 but no communication was made to those who had the N23 recall.I just received a recall notice for a "consumer safety notification" Chrysler published on May 2015.I was informed by Chrysler this evening it is not a "recall" because it is not a safety issue. I filed a complaint. When asked how the complaint process works he said it will be reviewed internally.I asked if someone would call me back or if it is just put in a record somewhere. I was informed it is maintained internally, no one would be calling me back, but it would be reviewed.this is most definitely a safety issue. I could have been hurt, I could have hurt someone, or worse case someone could have died.the car did not perform as expected in challenging conditions. It appears the issue was known about and hence a software update. It is disappointing the public was not notified until May 2015, and that it is not classified as as safety concern.

- Barrington, NH, USA

Oct 312014

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact stated that a crack developed within the steering wheel. The dealer was unable to diagnose the cause of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The VIN was unavailable. The approximate failure mileage was 50,000. Updated 3/3/15 the consumer was advised the steering wheel and airbag models were no longer being manufactured. Updated 6/17/2015

- Bronx, NY, USA