- May 25: Government Sues Chrysler Over Ram and Jeep Emissions news | 4 days ago
- May 23: Chrysler Recalls Jeep Compass SUVs That May Roll Away recalls | 6 days ago
- May 19: Ram 1500 and Jeep Grand Cherokee Emissions Fix Proposed news | 10 days ago
- April 27: Chrysler Leaking Sunroof Lawsuit Still Alive news | 32 days ago
- April 24: Lawsuit: Chrysler Gear Shift Confusing and Dangerous news | 35 days ago
NHTSA — Structure: Body Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The fourth generation Grand Cherokee took the relatively trouble-free run of the 3rd-generation and flipped the script.
From 2010 to 2011, complaints about the vehicle not starting increased 10-fold. In fact, the 2011 model year is riddled with engine problems and a defective TIPM might be to blame. The TIPM (Totally Integrated Power Module) distributes power to all the eletrical components in the vehicle, so when it starts acting funny so do numerous other components in the car. Orders for new TIPMs were so abundant that parts became scarce, prompting a class-action lawsuit claiming Chrysler ignored this obvious defect.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 5 / 2
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 6 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 26,985 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
body / paint problem