- December 1: Ram 1500 and Jeep Grand Cherokee EcoDiesel Lawsuit Filed news | 5 days ago
- November 21: Remington Walden Crash: Chrysler Will Pay $40 Million news | 15 days ago
- November 19: Chrysler Recalls Jeep Grand Cherokees and Dodge Durangos recalls | 17 days ago
- November 14: Chrysler Recalls Jeep Cherokees and Dodge Vipers recalls | 22 days ago
- October 19: Chrysler Recalls Jeep Wranglers After Airbags Fail During Test recalls | 48 days ago
NHTSA — Service Brakes Problems
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee (Page 6 of 14)
CarComplaints.com Notes: The fourth generation Grand Cherokee took the relatively trouble-free run of the 3rd-generation and flipped the script.
From 2010 to 2011, complaints about the vehicle not starting increased 10-fold. In fact, the 2011 model year is riddled with engine problems and a defective TIPM might be to blame. The TIPM (Totally Integrated Power Module) distributes power to all the eletrical components in the vehicle, so when it starts acting funny so do numerous other components in the car. Orders for new TIPMs were so abundant that parts became scarce, prompting a class-action lawsuit claiming Chrysler ignored this obvious defect.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 3 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 1 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 26,719 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints: