- June 14: Chrysler Calls Foul on University Emissions Report news | 8 days ago
- June 6: 2012 Jeep Liberty Airbag Lights Under Investigation investigations | 16 days ago
- June 2: Jeep Wrangler Casting Sand Lawsuit Alleges Engine Damage news | 20 days ago
- May 25: Government Sues Chrysler Over Ram and Jeep Emissions news | 28 days ago
- May 23: Chrysler Recalls Jeep Compass SUVs That May Roll Away recalls | 30 days ago
NHTSA — Engine Problems
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee (Page 8 of 9)
CarComplaints.com Notes: The fourth generation Grand Cherokee took the relatively trouble-free run of the 3rd-generation and flipped the script.
From 2010 to 2011, complaints about the vehicle not starting increased 10-fold. In fact, the 2011 model year is riddled with engine problems and a defective TIPM might be to blame. The TIPM (Totally Integrated Power Module) distributes power to all the eletrical components in the vehicle, so when it starts acting funny so do numerous other components in the car. Orders for new TIPMs were so abundant that parts became scarce, prompting a class-action lawsuit claiming Chrysler ignored this obvious defect.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 2 / 1
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 0 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 54,440 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints: