- March 10: Chrysler Recalls 45,000 Vehicles to Update Software
- March 5: The 12 Worst Cars According to Consumer Reports
- February 11: Why You Should Beware of Car Dealer Ads
- January 24: Government Approves 'Sham' Jeep Trailer Hitch Recall
- January 14: Investigation Expanded Into Chrysler Sun Visor Fires
Engine Light On
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Jeep dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The Jeep Grand Cherokee was on a pretty good run for reliability with its 3rd generation (2005-2010) when all of a sudden the black sheep of the family, the 2011, showed up and ruined everything.
By 2012 complaints dropped back down by about 80%. Needless to say, if you see a used 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee on a lot just keep walking.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- No data
- Average Mileage:
- 18,831 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 14 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replaced cylinder head (7 reports)
- not sure (5 reports)
- dealer reset computer (2 reports)