- December 24: Chrysler Recalls 570,000 SUVs To Fix Fire Dangers recalls | 45 days ago
- December 17: Jeep Cherokee Recalled Again For Power Liftgate Problems recalls | 52 days ago
- December 8: Jeep Wrangler Airbag Clockspring Investigation Upgraded investigations | 61 days ago
- November 27: Investigation Closed Into Jeep Airbags Deploying For Nothing investigations | 72 days ago
Engine Light On
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee (Page 1 of 2)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Jeep dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The fourth generation Grand Cherokee took the relatively trouble-free run of the 3rd-generation and flipped the script.
From 2010 to 2011, complaints about the vehicle not starting increased 10-fold. In fact, the 2011 model year is riddled with engine problems and a defective TIPM might be to blame. The TIPM (Totally Integrated Power Module) distributes power to all the eletrical components in the vehicle, so when it starts acting funny so do numerous other components in the car. Orders for new TIPMs were so abundant that parts became scarce, prompting a class-action lawsuit claiming Chrysler ignored this obvious defect.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 26,661 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 21 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replaced cylinder head (9 reports)
- not sure (7 reports)
- dealer reset computer (2 reports)
- replace esim switch (2 reports)
- replace filler tube (1 reports)