- September 25: Jeep Grand Cherokee Gear Shifter Lawsuits Filed by 2 Moms news | 2 days ago
- September 15: Chrysler Recalls Cars and SUVs After 3 Deaths, 5 Injuries recalls | 12 days ago
- September 8: Jeep Cherokee Recalled to Fix Loose Seats recalls | 19 days ago
- September 6: Chrysler Sued In Death of Jeep Patriot Driver news | 21 days ago
- August 31: Lawsuit: Jeep ZF Shifter Caused Grand Cherokee Rollaway news | 27 days ago
Engine Light On
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee (Page 1 of 2)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Jeep dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The fourth generation Grand Cherokee took the relatively trouble-free run of the 3rd-generation and flipped the script.
From 2010 to 2011, complaints about the vehicle not starting increased 10-fold. In fact, the 2011 model year is riddled with engine problems and a defective TIPM might be to blame. The TIPM (Totally Integrated Power Module) distributes power to all the eletrical components in the vehicle, so when it starts acting funny so do numerous other components in the car. Orders for new TIPMs were so abundant that parts became scarce, prompting a class-action lawsuit claiming Chrysler ignored this obvious defect.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 29,994 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 22 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replaced cylinder head (9 reports)
- not sure (8 reports)
- dealer reset computer (2 reports)
- replace esim switch (2 reports)
- replace filler tube (1 reports)