- August 21: Recall: Jeep Renegade Trailer Hitches That May Detach recalls | 9 days ago
- August 17: Woman Sues Over Jeep Grand Cherokee Gear Shift Design news | 13 days ago
- August 7: ZF North America Recalls 505,000 Transmission Sensors recalls | 23 days ago
- August 6: Hackers Take Control of a 2014 Jeep Cherokee, Again news | 24 days ago
- August 3: Anton Yelchin Wrongful Death Lawsuit Filed by Parents news | 27 days ago
Engine Light On
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee (Page 1 of 2)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Jeep dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The fourth generation Grand Cherokee took the relatively trouble-free run of the 3rd-generation and flipped the script.
From 2010 to 2011, complaints about the vehicle not starting increased 10-fold. In fact, the 2011 model year is riddled with engine problems and a defective TIPM might be to blame. The TIPM (Totally Integrated Power Module) distributes power to all the eletrical components in the vehicle, so when it starts acting funny so do numerous other components in the car. Orders for new TIPMs were so abundant that parts became scarce, prompting a class-action lawsuit claiming Chrysler ignored this obvious defect.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 26,661 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 21 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replaced cylinder head (9 reports)
- not sure (7 reports)
- dealer reset computer (2 reports)
- replace esim switch (2 reports)
- replace filler tube (1 reports)