- June 22: Chrysler to Stop Making Vehicles With Certain Takata Airbags news | 2 days ago
- June 21: Jeep Electronic Gear Shifter Focus of Anton Yelchin's Death news | 3 days ago
- June 3: Chrysler Recalls Vans, SUVs and Trucks in 4 Recalls recalls | 21 days ago
- May 18: Fiat Chrysler Recalls 580,000 Cars and SUVs in 2 Recalls recalls | 37 days ago
- May 15: Chrysler Recalls Jeep Grand Cherokees For Locked Gear Shifters recalls | 40 days ago
Engine Light On
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee (Page 1 of 2)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Jeep dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The fourth generation Grand Cherokee took the relatively trouble-free run of the 3rd-generation and flipped the script.
From 2010 to 2011, complaints about the vehicle not starting increased 10-fold. In fact, the 2011 model year is riddled with engine problems and a defective TIPM might be to blame. The TIPM (Totally Integrated Power Module) distributes power to all the eletrical components in the vehicle, so when it starts acting funny so do numerous other components in the car. Orders for new TIPMs were so abundant that parts became scarce, prompting a class-action lawsuit claiming Chrysler ignored this obvious defect.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 26,661 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 21 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replaced cylinder head (9 reports)
- not sure (7 reports)
- dealer reset computer (2 reports)
- replace esim switch (2 reports)
- replace filler tube (1 reports)