Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The 2012 Grand Cherokee hasn’t seen the same complaint volume as the 2011, at least not yet.

It’s worth noting both model years are part of a class-action lawsuit that focuses on a defective TIPM and a long wait for replacement parts.

The 2012 also received national attention after it failed a Sweedish Magazine’s “moose test”. the test measures a vehicle’s ability to swerve out of the way of an obstacle you wouldn’t want to hit while driving down the road … like a moose.

2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee:

2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Owner Comments (Page 12 of 12)

Mar 102012

Grand Cherokee

I bought my band new 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee overland 7 months ago - brand new from the Chrysler Jeep dealership and about a month after I bought it I started to notice the acceleration is not 100%, the windows stop rolling up or down for hours at a time at random time, the brakes sometimes don't work all the way, the engine jumps when switching gears and most recently my check engine light came on, the car would not accelerate and the rpms would not go past 1.5 even when flooring it & there were loud clicking noises with a loud fan. This time I was not able to drive to the dealership - I had to tow it in because it was not drivable. I have taken it to the dealer ship 3 times for them to check on these things & everytime I take it in they tell me they are "unable to recreate the problems" & cannot help me. I have called numerous times to complain & report issues and they either tell me they cannot help me, they put me on hold for an infinite amount of time, I go to voicemail, or no one is available. They called me today, after having it for 4 days, and told me the check engine light was for a "evap perg system" so they replaced a hose & updated my power control module as a precaution. When I asked them how this had anything to do with my engine problems he could not explain it. When I asked him why my engine has problems he could not explain it. No one there wants to help me - what I feel like they are doing is giving me excuse after excuse in the book, stalling me for as long as they can until my warranty runs out. I have dealt with 4 managers there - the 1st one stopped returning my phone calls, the 2nd one told me I am imagining things and I should stop complaining and be thankful that I have a new car, the 3rd one pond me off onto a 4th one & the 4th one told me to my face that I am a liar and I am making up stories so the situation looks worse then it actually is.

- Hawthorne, CA, USA