CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2012 Grand Cherokee hasn’t seen the same complaint volume as the 2011, at least not yet.

It’s worth noting both model years are part of a class-action lawsuit that focuses on a defective TIPM and a long wait for replacement parts.

The 2012 also received national attention after it failed a Sweedish Magazine’s “moose test”. the test measures a vehicle’s ability to swerve out of the way of an obstacle you wouldn’t want to hit while driving down the road … like a moose.

2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee:

2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Owner Comments (Page 4 of 12)

May 012014

Grand Cherokee 4WD 8-cyl

Chrysler has issued a recall for my vehicle due to the brake booster prematurely corroding. I received a letter in the mail several months ago and contacted my dealership. Despite several contacts since, they maintain that they have never received any parts needed to complete the recall. A call to the Chrysler group recall assistance center went unanswered on 02/02/2015.

- Morristown, TN, USA

Jan 092015

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact mentioned that when the brakes were applied, the pedal had a sponge feeling and delayed reaction when stopping. The failure recurred on numerous occasions. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V154000 (service brakes, service brakes, hydraulic). The contact stated the recall repair was performed but the failure recurred. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The approximate failure mileage was unknown.

- Jamesville, NY, USA

Sep 222014

Grand Cherokee 4WD 6-cyl

I visited our local Jeep dealership in September of 2014. I explained to the individual behind the service counter that I received a recall notification for a possible brake booster problem and needed to bring my car in for inspection. The individual took out a notebook and added my name to what appeared to be a rather lengthy list. I still have yet to bring my car in for inspection. With such a wet winter, I would think the goal would be to get recalled vehicles in and out in a timely manner to avoid the potential for serious injury.

- Eatontown, NJ, USA

Jan 072015

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V154000 (service brakes, service brakes, hydraulic) however, the part needed to complete the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair to be completed. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Anchorage, AK, USA

Jan 012015

Grand Cherokee

TL-the contact owns a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact stated that while driving 15-20 mph, the brake pedal was applied and a loud abnormal noise was heard as the vehicle failed to stop. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the brake booster needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V154000 (service brakes, service brakes, hydraulic). The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 45,000. Djr

- East Bethel, MN, USA

Jan 072015

Grand Cherokee

TL-the contact owns a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact received notification NHTSA campaign number: 14V154000 (service brakes, service brakes, hydraulic) however, the part for the recall remedy was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact did not experience a failure. Djr

- Holmdel, NJ, USA

May 212014

Grand Cherokee

TL- the contact owns a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact stated that while driving at various speeds, the vehicle experienced an unintended acceleration. In addition, the engine revved but failed to accelerate on several occasions. The contact stated that NHTSA campaign number: 14V154000 (service brakes, service brakes, hydraulic) was received in may of 2014, NHTSA campaign number 14V391000 (electrical system) was received in August of 2014 and NHTSA campaign number: 14V636000 (electrical system) in December of 2014. The dealer informed that the parts were not available and no estimated date for receiving the parts could be given. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 25,000. Djr

- Everette, WA, USA

Jan 022015

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact received a notification for NHTSA campaign id numbers: 14V154000 (service brakes, service brakes, hydraulic) and 14V391000 (electrical system). The contact stated that the parts needed were unavailable to repair the vehicle. The dealer was unable to inform when the parts would become available. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Culloden, WV, USA

Jun 122014

Grand Cherokee 6-cyl

I received a recall notice in the mail. I immediately called my local Jeep dealership to see about fixing the problem. This call was made in June 2014. It is now January 2015 and nothing has been done to fix the (now three) recalls I have on my Jeep. I keep getting told I am "on the list." The last time I called the man in the parts department was very rude and I was told they "only get in one part per week" and there are "over 300 people on the list"...this is unacceptable! these recalls have not been dealt with in a timely or safe manner. A brake booster problem, sun visor wiring, and now the alternator.. who knows when these will be fixed! with these problems I do not feel as safe in my Jeep, I may end up getting rid of it if someone does not take the time to fix vehicles that have recalls. This is our safety, send more than one part per week so we can feel safe in the vehicle I chose to buy!

- Raceland, LA, USA

Oct 032014

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact stated that the brake pedal traveled to the floorboard on several occasions. The vehicle was taken to the dealer, who diagnosed that the brake pads needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic, who diagnosed that the brake booster needed to be replaced. The dealer informed the contact that the brake booster was on back order. On another occasion, the contact stated that while driving at approximately 45 mph, the brake pedal was applied and traveled to the floorboard. The brake pedal was pumped and there was an increase in stopping distance. As a result, the contact crashed into the rear of another vehicle. A police report was filed and there were no injuries reported. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was not available.

- Walden, NY, USA

Jan 022015

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact received a notification for NHTSA campaign numbers: 14V154000 (service brakes, service brakes, hydraulic) and 14V391000 (electrical system). The contact stated that the part needed was unavailable to repair the vehicle. The dealer was unable to inform when the part would become available. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Houma , LA, USA

Aug 222014

Grand Cherokee 4WD 6-cyl

I did not have an actual incident with the vehicle - my complaint is about the lack of action for certain recalls. I received a recall notice on August 22, 2014 stating that the brake booster on my vehicle may prematurely corrode and ingest water. If the water freezes, the driver may have to apply force which may slow the driver's brake reaction time and cause a crash without warning. Quite a frightening scenario. I called my Jeep service center and they told me that the repair part for this recall is on backorder due to a parts shortage. I was asked to be put on a list and they would call me when the part arrives. I called the service center on December 18, 2014 (4 months later). I was told that I am number 124 on the waiting list and that they were only at number 40. I was told that Chrysler only sends the service center one repair part at a time and when they complete one repair, then Chrysler sends them another repair part for the next customer. I then asked the service manager if it is dangerous to drive the vehicle with this faulty part - he did not answer me - all he said was that "he knows what I know". also a frightening scenario. During the 4 months that I have been waiting for this repair, I received another recall notice for an alternator dioide that may experience rapid failure in which voltage may drop to critical levels and disable the antilock brakes, the electronic stability control, the electronic control module, and the central body controller. This may lead to vehicle shutdown and/or an electrical fire. This recall notice states plainly that "the parts required to provide a permanent remedy for this condition are currently not available". crazy!

- Shelton, CT, USA

Jun 302014

Grand Cherokee 4WD 8-cyl

The contact owns a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V154000 (service brakes, service brakes, hydraulic). The contact stated that the part needed to remedy the vehicle was unavailable. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Updated 2/24/15 the consumer stated he has been on a waiting list, since July 2012. Updated 03/02/15

- Elkview, WV, USA

Nov 072014

Grand Cherokee 8-cyl

The contact owns a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact stated that NHTSA campaign numbers: 14V391000 (electrical system) and 14V154000 (service brakes, service brakes, hydraulic) exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the delay. The vehicle was not repaired. The contact had not experienced a failure. Updated 3/4/15 updated 03/26/15

- Las Vagas , NV, USA

Dec 292014

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact received a notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V154000 (service brakes, service brakes, hydraulic) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Salinas, CA, USA

Dec 292014

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact received a notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V154000 (service brakes, hydraulic) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Cody, WY, USA

Oct 102014

Grand Cherokee

Around Sep of this year Chrysler notified me of two recalls on my Jeep Grand Cherokee; P36 / NHTSA 14V-391 (sun visor wiring) and P14 / NHTSA 14V-154 (brake booster corrosion).. when I contacted the local dealer they told me to wait until Oct as the manufacturer didn't have parts available. I contacted the dealer, planet Jeep in flagstaff, AZ on 10 Oct and was told Chrysler was rationing parts and that they would place me on a list. I've been in that virtual queue waiting on parts since 10 ocvt 2014 and every time I call the dealer I'm still on the list. I contacted Chrysler to complain about the poor service as I've been waiting for parts to fix safety problems for going on three months. I've been through several recalls over the past 40-years and have never experienced an excessive delay like this. It is actually easier to get my Mercedes Benz repaired and the nearest dealer is a 2 hour drive from hear. Chrysler has demonstrated a lack of concern and no sense of urgency to correct two safety issues with my vehicle. Their advise to me was to continue contacting my dealer to ensure I'm still on the waiting list.

- Flagstaff, AZ, USA

Jul 012014

Grand Cherokee 4WD 6-cyl

I have been waiting for about 6 months to have my vehicle's brake booster repaired. I have contacted brenner Chrysler Jeep three times about this recall and Chrysler once since my first recall notification. Each time I have been told that more than 100 vehicles remain ahead of mine at this dealership and parts are being shipped for repair slowly and erratically. I have been refused anything in writing to verify my place on the dealership's repair list. All my calls have been answered with unsympathetic, unconcerned, and uninformed responses, and until now, with Chrysler's second notification, I was refused information on how to report this situation to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration when I asked. Both brenner and Chrysler refuse to update me on the availability of fixing this recall.

- Mechanicsburg, PA, USA

May 162014

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact stated that NHTSA campaign numbers: 14V154000 (service brakes, service brakes, hydraulic) and 14V391000 (electrical system) exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repairs. The dealer informed that the manufacturer had not released the parts needed for the recall repairs. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The vehicle was not repaired. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Morrilton, AR, USA

Jun 042014

Grand Cherokee 8-cyl

When received a safety recall notice for the brake booster prematurely corroding back in June 2014. I called ancira Chrysler Jeep Dodge to schedule a service appointment on 4 June 2014. I was told I would receive a call in about two months when the parts come in. I called back on 4 September because I received a different recall notice but for the sun visor vanity lamp wiring risking fire...I was told the parts for the brake booster were still not in stock. It is now 24 December 2014 and I receive another safety recall notice for the brake booster. Please assist on how I am to get safety recall notice P14 and P36 repaired on my vehicle.

- San Antonio, TX, USA