CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2012 Grand Cherokee hasn’t seen the same complaint volume as the 2011, at least not yet.

It’s worth noting both model years are part of a class-action lawsuit that focuses on a defective TIPM and a long wait for replacement parts.

The 2012 also received national attention after it failed a Sweedish Magazine’s “moose test”. the test measures a vehicle’s ability to swerve out of the way of an obstacle you wouldn’t want to hit while driving down the road … like a moose.

2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee:

2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Owner Comments (Page 5 of 12)

Dec 232014

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 14V154000 (service brakes, service brakes, hydraulic) and 14V391000 (electrical system) however, the parts to do the repairs were unavailable. The contact felt that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Brooklyn Park, MN, USA

Sep 012014

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact received a notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 14V154000 (service brakes, service brakes, hydraulic) and 14V391000 (electrical system). The contact stated that the parts were not available. The dealer did not give a specific date for when the parts would become available and informed that contact was 450th on the waiting list. The manufacturer was made aware of the delay. The contact did not experience a failure.

- Madison, WI, USA

Dec 012014

Grand Cherokee 4WD 8-cyl

2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee consumer isn't pleased with dealer doing recall repairs once a week the consumer was informed his vehicle would on February 16, 2015, because there is a waiting list. Recall numbers 14V154000 and 14V391000.

- Casper, WY, USA

Oct 052014

Grand Cherokee 4WD 6-cyl

Battery light came on after approximately 5 miles of driving after starting the car, on 10/5/14. This pattern continued for two days, and on the morning of 10/8/14 the car stopped running completely while I was pulling into the parking lot of the auto shop to have it looked at. While driving, I lost power steering and ABS before the car stalled completely a few moments later. I had to have the alternator replaced with only 50,000 miles on the vehicle. Several days later I learned of a new recall on Chrysler vehicles due to alternator problems, and today I learned my vehicle was not a part of this recall because I have a 180 amp alternator, and those recalled were 160 amp. I am choosing to report this incident because I believe the failure of my alternator could have caused serious injury to myself or other drivers if I had been traveling at high speed when the battery died, and I believe the 180 amp alternators should be investigated for a possible recall.

- Lake Orion, MI, USA

Oct 292014

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact stated that while driving at an unknown speed, the brake pedal was depressed but the brakes failed to respond. As a result, the contact crashed into a building and the air bags failed to deploy. A police report was filed and there were no injuries reported. The vehicle was towed to a dealer where it was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The VIN was not available. The failure mileage was 33,183.

- Clarksville, TN, USA

Jun 052014

Grand Cherokee 4WD 6-cyl

Recall P14 / NHTSA 14V-154 I got this recall notice and called the dealer on June 5 to have the repair made. They said they did not have parts yet and would put me on the wait list and that I will be notified when the parts are available. I called again on July 18 (6 weeks later) and they said they still did not have parts and again said that I'd be notified. It is now December, over 6 months later, and I still have received no notice for this. I just called again and have finally been scheduled for January. I don't know how much of the fault is the manufacturer and how much the dealer, but it shouldn't be 7 months to fix a safety issue with my brakes. And if I'm told that I'd be notified when it can be scheduled, then I should be notified and not have to repeatedly call back.

- Loveland, CO, USA

May 012014

Grand Cherokee 4WD 6-cyl

I am sitting on 3 recalls on my vehicle list above, brake shield, visor wiring, and now alternator problem. I am not very happy with 3 recalls that they don't have part for, and the dealership can not tell me if and when parts will be in, I am to the point I don't want this vehicle anymore because of these issues. I don't wanna wait till there is a injury or fatality. I want this resolved or vehicle replaced. I am guessing the air bags will be next knowing there is a recall on them on other vehicles.

- Indianola, IA, USA

May 172014

Grand Cherokee 4WD 6-cyl

I received a recall notice. When I contacted my dealership they stated they have not received any parts for this recall from Chrysler. The took my name for a list to call me when parts become available. It is now 6 months later and the dealership still doesn't have the part for this recall. I feel this is an unreasonable amount of time to have to wait for parts especially as important with a component of a vehicle such as brakes.

- Brookeville Md, MD, USA

Oct 012013

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact stated that while operating the vehicle in wet conditions, the vehicle jerked when braking. The contact received a notice for NHTSA campaign number 14V154000 (brakes). After contacting the dealer and the manufacturer on multiple occasions, the contact was informed that the parts needed to repair the defect were not available and no estimated time to receive the parts could be given. The failure mileage was 15,000.

- Mt. Joy, PA, USA

Jun 132012

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact stated that when depressing the brake pedal, the vehicle hesitated to respond. The failure recurred multiple times. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V154000 (service brakes, service brakes, hydraulic) however, the part needed for the recall repair was unavailable. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 6,000.

- Golf Breeze, FL, USA

Nov 142012

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact stated that while driving approximately 40 mph attempting to stop, the brakes failed. The engine stalled and restarted shortly after. The problem recurred approximately 3 times. The vehicle was taken to the dealer. The technician was unable to diagnose the failure. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The approximate failure mileage was 11,000.

- Conroe, TX, USA

Aug 012014

Grand Cherokee 4WD 8-cyl

2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Chrysler dealer do not have the replacement part to correct the corroding brake boosters.

- Saint Louis, MO, USA

Jun 012014

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact stated that NHTSA campaign number: 14V154000 (service brakes, service brakes, hydraulic) and NHTSA campaign number: 14V391000 (electrical system) exceeded a reasonable amount of time for repair. The dealer stated that the parts were not available and the manufacturer only released one repair kit per week. The contact attempted to reach out to the manufacturer, but could not reach a live representative. The vehicle was not repaired. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- New Marlborough, MA, USA

Nov 182014

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact received a notification for NHTSA campaign number: 14V154000 (service brakes, service brakes, hydraulic) and stated that the parts needed were unavailable. The dealer was uncertain when the parts would become available to service the vehicle under the recall. The manufacturer was uncertain when the parts would become available. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Staten Island, NY, USA

Aug 012014

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact received notifications for NHTSA campaign number: 14V154000 (service brakes, service brakes, hydraulic) and NHTSA campaign number: 14V391000 (electrical system). However, the part needed to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Brookhaven, MS, USA

Jun 122014

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact stated that NHTSA campaign number: 14V391000 (electrical system, visibility) and NHTSA campaign number: 14V154000 (service brakes, service brakes, hydraulic) exceeded a reasonable amount of time for repair. The dealer stated that the parts were not available. The manufacturer was made aware of the delay. The vehicle was not repaired. The contact had not experienced a failure. The VIN was not available.

- Rensselaer , NY, USA

Nov 172014

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact received a notification for NHTSA campaign number: 14V154000 (service brakes, service brakes, hydraulic) and NHTSA campaign number: 14V391000 (exterior lighting, electrical system). However, the part needed was unavailable to repair the vehicle. The dealer was unable to inform when the part would become available. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Germantown, MD, USA

Jun 022014

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact received the notifications for NHTSA campaign numbers: 14V154000 (brakes), 14V53000 (electrical) and 14V391000 (electrical). The dealer and the manufacturer were contact on multiple occasions and the contact was informed that the parts needed to repair the vehicle were still not available and no estimated time to receiving the parts could be provided. The contact had not experienced a failure. The VIN was not available.

- Springfield, IL, USA

Oct 232014

Grand Cherokee 4WD 8-cyl

I was stopped at a light behind a vehicle when suddenly my brake pedal went down to the floor. The road was level with a slight incline. The vehicle began inching forward and I kept trying to pump the brakes. I was unable to locate the emergency brake due and the vehicle stopped after making contact with the car stopped in front of me. I later regained brake pressure and promptly reported the incident to my insurance company and Chrysler customer service. Prior to the incident, I took my vehicle to the dealership for the brake recall. I was initially told that my brake booster had to be replaced and later told that it just needed the protective brake booster shield. Chrysler's solution was to have a rep from engineering analysis conduct tests on my vehicles brake system. On 5 November 2014, I received a letter from Chrysler advising me that the inspector found no problems with my brake system. They are refusing to replace the brake booster. I fear that I am at risk of my brake system failing again! this incident could have been fatal had I been on the expressway traveling at 55 mph!

- Lorton, VA, USA

Nov 072014

Grand Cherokee 4WD 6-cyl

A few months ago there was a recall on my brake booster. I had been on the waiting list for 3 months waiting for this part. I was assured that my Jeep was safe to drive. On Friday Nov 7th my brakes went out and I had to push really hard on the brakes in order to stop using both of my feet. Luckily I did not cause an accident, which could have killed myself or someone else. I am very disappointed in Chrysler with all these recalls. I had to use my triple a and have my car towed to the dealership. Although the dealership was nice enough to give me a rental, I think that I need to be reimbursed for using my triple a. after I pay this Jeep off I will not be buying nothing made by Chrysler and will trade it in. It does not make any sense to be on a waiting list for 3 months waiting for something that is a vital importance to my safety. The next person may not be so lucky and it could be fatal and turn into a law suit.

- Canton, OH, USA