CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2012 Grand Cherokee hasn’t seen the same complaint volume as the 2011, at least not yet.

It’s worth noting both model years are part of a class-action lawsuit that focuses on a defective TIPM and a long wait for replacement parts.

The 2012 also received national attention after it failed a Sweedish Magazine’s “moose test”. the test measures a vehicle’s ability to swerve out of the way of an obstacle you wouldn’t want to hit while driving down the road … like a moose.

2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee:

2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Owner Comments (Page 6 of 12)

Jun 092014

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact received notifications for NHTSA campaign number: 14V154000 (service brakes, service brakes, hydraulic) and NHTSA campaign number: 14V391000 (electrical system). However, the parts needed were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Hollis Center, ME, USA

Jul 212014

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2012 Jeep Cherokee. The contact received notifications for NHTSA campaign number: 14V154000 (electrical system) and NHTSA campaign number: 14V154000 (service brakes, service brakes, hydraulic). However, the parts needed were unavailable. The contact stated the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Westville, IN, USA

May 012014

Grand Cherokee 4WD 6-cyl

There has been a recall from Chrysler regarding the brake booster freezing during cold weather. The recall is P-14/NHTSA 14V-154. We have been on a waiting list since May 2014 and the dealership has been unable to receive the parts to make the repairs. I have been in contact with Chrysler and they have been no help as to making a timely repair. I ask that you look into this issue as to why so many people are on waiting list awaiting parts.

- Kevil, KY, USA

Sep 152014

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 14V154000 (service brakes, service brakes, hydraulic) and 14V391000 (electrical system) however, the part to do the repairs were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repairs. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Chelsea, MI, USA

Oct 162014

Grand Cherokee 6-cyl

While reversing from a driveway with an incline brakes were not responsive. I would like to file a formal complaint against Chrysler for not supplying the parts to dealerships/car owners for all recalls (P14, P36, impending alternator recall, etc). These recalls in my opinion are all extremely dangerous and endanger the general public along with the owner of these vehicles. P-36 vanity light catch fire, P-14 break failure, impending alternator - car loses power unexpectedly. I will also mention our warranty periods have been extended for 5 additional yrs and 50,000 miles due to possible left cylinder head failures. Shame on Chrysler for not supplying parts and making the dealerships the middle men who also dont help the customers and point back at you. Lives are at risk...supply the parts and rectify your poor quality control.

- Albany, NY, USA

Aug 012014

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact received a recall notification for NHTSA campaign number: 14V154000 (service brakes, service brakes, hydraulic); however, the part needed to repair the vehicle was not available. The manufacturer was not made aware of the delay. The vehicle was not repaired. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Duluth, GA, USA

Oct 102014

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact received a recall notification for NHTSA campaign number: 14V154000 (service brakes, service brakes, hydraulic); however, the parts needed to repair the vehicle were unavailable. The manufacturer was not notified. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Annapolis , MD, USA

Jun 012014

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact received a recall notification for NHTSA campaign number: 14V154000 (service brakes, hydraulic); however, the part needed to repair the vehicle was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Pequot Lakes, MN, USA

May 152014

Grand Cherokee 6-cyl

I have 2 recall notices from Chrysler on my 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee which I have had for several months (recalls nos. P14 and P36). Every time I contact my Chrysler dealer, South point Chrysler in austin, Texas, I am informed they do not have the parts to do the recall work.

- Austin , TX, USA

Jul 022014

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact received a recall notification for NHTSA campaign number: 14V154000 (service brakes, hydraulic). The part needed to repair the vehicle was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Ghent, WV, USA

Mar 172014

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact received recall notifications for NHTSA campaign number: 14V154000 (service brakes, service brakes, hydraulic) and NHTSA campaign number: 14V391000 (electrical system). The parts needed to repair the vehicle would not be available for several months. The dealer was unable to provide a specific date for when the parts would become available. The manufacturer was notified. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Sandwich, MA, USA

May 292014

Grand Cherokee 4WD 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact received a recall notification for NHTSA campaign number: 14V154000 (service brakes, service brakes, hydraulic); however, the part needed to repair the vehicle was unavailable. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Updated 5/12/15 the recall repair was completed. Updated 03/17/15

- Clarks Summit, PA, USA

Jul 012014

Grand Cherokee 4WD 6-cyl

Went for recall work as soon as I received notice from Chrysler. Have been waiting over 3 months for parts and dealer does not know when parts will be available. I called Chrysler to complain and there only response was, "call your dealer". what good is it to recall vehicles and then not repair them?

- Montebello, CA, USA

Oct 012014

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact received recall notifications for NHTSA campaign numbers: 14V154000 (service brakes, service brakes, hydraulic) and 14V391000 (electrical system: Wiring). The parts needed to repair the vehicle were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Shreve, OH, USA

Apr 012014

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact stated that NHTSA campaign number 14V154000 (service brakes, service brakes, hydraulic) and NHTSA campaign number 14V391000 (electrical) exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The dealer advised that the parts were not available for repair and did not know when parts would become available. The contact did not experience a failure.

- Camas , WA, USA

Feb 112013

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact stated that while approaching a stop sign, the brake pedal was depressed but failed to respond. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V154000 (service brakes, service brakes, hydraulic) in June of 2014. The contact stated that the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The approximate mileage was 25,000.

- Greensburg, PA, USA

Jun 022014

Grand Cherokee 6-cyl

I am not sure if this is the correct place to complain. But I received a recall for my brake booster ( which I am not sure what it is, but anything to do with brakes has to be important) months ago. I reach out to the dealership saying I receive the letter in the mail about my brakes and I need this fixed and they said well they only send us one part at a time. So when we fix one we have to send the old one in and wait for a new one so we will put you on the list to get the part. So I called back a month later to find out that the recall part has been recalled which is ridiculous. So here I am the end of September still trying to get by brake booster fixed, not knowing if my brakes will fail or not. I shouldn't have to wait to get into an accident for something to be done. My car isn't a cheap car I have paid good money for this and if something isn't safe there it should be fixed and I shouldn't have to worry about it. Can you please help me if you can not can you lead me in the right direction. Thank you in advance

- Philadelphia, PA, USA

Aug 012014

Grand Cherokee 4WD 6-cyl

I took my vehicle to ray brandt Dodge/Jeep @ 1600 westbank expressway in harvey, la approx 1-2 months ago and was advised I need to replace the brake booster. I was advised that I would be notified when part came in. I have not received any notifications.

- Bridge City, LA, USA

May 232014

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact received a recall notice for NHTSA campaign number: 14V154000 (service brakes, service brakes, hydraulic). The contact stated that the part needed to remedy the vehicle was unavailable. The manufacturer was not notified. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Culver City, CA, USA

Dec 312013

Grand Cherokee 4WD 6-cyl

My 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee experienced brake difficulties during the winter 2013/2014 twice. I blamed it on the extreme cold we were experiencing at the time. Shortly thereafter, the brake recall notice was issued to the media. I immediately called my local Chrysler/Jeep dealer to inquire about the recall. I was informed that they had not been given notice to make appointments for the repairs. Approx 1 month later the official recall notice was received by mail. I again called the dealer who told me I was #12 on their repair list. He also noted that the parts were being sent "a couple at a time" and that it could be a while. Months later, I have called for an update and am still #5 on the waiting list. I let them know that I truly had experienced the failure and was concerned about winter weather coming soon. They said that they would get to me as soon as possible. I am very disappointed in the response to our concerns...especially having experienced the failure.

- Owosso, MI, USA