- July 21: Jeep Compass Recalled to Keep Batteries From Exploding recalls | 2 days ago
- July 15: Chrysler Recalls 442,000 Cars and SUVs Over Alternator Failures recalls | 8 days ago
- June 14: Chrysler Calls Foul on University Emissions Report news | 39 days ago
- June 6: 2012 Jeep Liberty Airbag Lights Under Investigation investigations | 47 days ago
- June 2: Jeep Wrangler Casting Sand Lawsuit Alleges Engine Damage news | 51 days ago
NHTSA — Electrical System: Wiring Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2012 Grand Cherokee hasn’t seen the same complaint volume as the 2011, at least not yet.
It’s worth noting both model years are part of a class-action lawsuit that focuses on a defective TIPM and a long wait for replacement parts.
The 2012 also received national attention after it failed a Sweedish Magazine’s “moose test”. the test measures a vehicle’s ability to swerve out of the way of an obstacle you wouldn’t want to hit while driving down the road … like a moose.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 0 / 1
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 0 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 9,000 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.