Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The 2012 Grand Cherokee hasn’t seen the same complaint volume as the 2011, at least not yet.

It’s worth noting both model years are part of a class-action lawsuit that focuses on a defective TIPM and a long wait for replacement parts.

The 2012 also received national attention after it failed a Sweedish Magazine’s “moose test”. the test measures a vehicle’s ability to swerve out of the way of an obstacle you wouldn’t want to hit while driving down the road … like a moose.

2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee:

2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Owner Comments (Page 1 of 3)

Mar 012016

Grand Cherokee

I currently have the 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee and over the years, my vehicle has had a total of (7) recalls. Recalls: Brakes, electrical, etc. The most recent recall stated that the vehicle could stall with the risk of a crash! upon receiving my notification letter, I made an appointment with the anticipation that the repairs would only take 1 ¿ 2 business days. Unfortunately, the repair time was approximately 1 week through the weekend. I would like to express my un-satisfaction with the service at the Chrysler group llc (Chrysler) and at this time would like to escalate my concern as a complaint. I would like someone from the corporate office such a manager and/or director to contact me and explain why my issue can¿T be resolved. I would also like to register my complaint with BBB. I have attempted to contact Chrysler group llc (Chrysler) on many occasions to resolve my issue. I have purchased and leased several vehicles from Chrysler over the years, and now I am very disappointed with the response I received to settle my claim for rental car reimbursement.

- West Bloomfield, MI, USA

Jul 242016

Grand Cherokee

Vehicle has intermittent no start condition. Tipm has been replaced and external relay has been installed per R009 recall but continues to have a fail to start condition. Engine cranks as normal but engine doesn't start. Will run after multiple tries. Cost of repair was $900 but mostly paid by extended warranty. 38,000 miles.

- Old Hickory, TN, USA

May 012016

Grand Cherokee

Check engine light fault code "P2066" appeared twice since purchased new in 2012. The first event occurred in April 2013 at 17,000 miles. Chrysler dealership replaced right and left fuel pump along with fuel level sensor under warranty. The second event occurred in May 2016 at 39,000 miles. The dealership quoted a price of $1700 for repair but after speaking to Chrysler representative the price for repair was $500. This issue mirrors the 2005 Chrysler pacifica recall NHTSA ref#06V432000 in which a P2066 fault code was generated leading to fuel pump module replacement. My understanding is that Chrysler agreed to extend the warranty to 150,000 miles as there was was a defect in the engine subframe assembly leading to corrosion in the fuel pump area.

- Chicago, IL, USA

Mar 162016

Grand Cherokee

Unexpected engine stall while driving on freeway. This is the second time experiencing unexpected stall out while drive after the recall was completed.

- Brighton, MI, USA

Oct 152015

Grand Cherokee

I have made 4 calls total to frontier in lubbock and all american in midland with no response on resolving the recalls P36, P14 and fuel pump relay. First call was made in October 2015. Left 2 voice message2 and talked to 2 reps. That said they would call back to schedule.

- Midland, TX, USA

Mar 102016

Grand Cherokee

Takada recall had recalls done car still hard to start and now dies when driving getting angry with the whole car very dangerous with kids in car

- Linden, TX, USA

Mar 052016

Grand Cherokee

Takada recall took car had 4 recalls done now hard to start and while drive shout down

- Linden, TX, USA

Jan 142016

Grand Cherokee

Leak in fuel vapor lines on top of gas tank to the canister and to the purge valve. This must be endemic to the car. There is a 60 backlog on the part. Warning light remains on at all times, stationary or moving.

- Brookeville, MD, USA

Jan 182016

Grand Cherokee

Fuel pump relay recall notice was received last summer (approx. 6 mo. Ago), still can't get parts. The last 2 recalls for this vehicle took an extremely long time to get parts. This safety recall states that it can cause a crash! it needs to be fixed promptly or another vehicle should be provided. R09/NHTSA 15V-115

- Glen Carbon, IL, USA

Oct 022015

Grand Cherokee

Well not feel safe driving this car since I purchase this car 4-5 recall on this car and no happy to take for repair because used my own time for this

- Denver, CO, USA

Oct 142014

Grand Cherokee

A year ago I called my dealership about my car not starting just weeks after completing a major (normal) service. After complaining to the dealership and Jeep directly, I had my Jeep towed and they agreed to fix the fuel pump (a recall that had recently come out, but not yet on my specific Jeep). The fix seemed to work for a few months, but then began happening again, only now I can sometimes start the Jeep after waiting awhile. Less than 2 months ago when my Jeep wouldn't start again, I called scheduled an appointment to have it fixed again, along with an oil change. When I picked up my Jeep, I learned that the fix was not done. The mechanic noted that it had already been done. I complained to the cashiers that the Jeep not starting was the main reason I brought the Jeep in. I asked to speak to someone, but they couldn't find my service adviser. I asked them to have him call me. He never called. I left several messages and I've sent emails to the supervisor, and no return calls. Now I have a new problem in addition to the Jeep not always starting, I have a significant water sloshing noise coming from the passenger side. Note: Each time that my car has failed to start, it was first in the off position and parked. The number of times my Jeep has failed to start, or died after start had been more than 10 times.

- Alamo, CA, USA

Dec 152015

Grand Cherokee

My vehicle has a recall (R09/NHTSA 15V-115) for failure of the tipm resulting in vehicle stalls and non starts which have occurred on multiple occasions since 2013 most recently 12/15/15. My vehicle has stalled in traffic on the highway and interstate at speed in heavy traffic almost causing several accidents. I have taken the vehicle to the local dealer (napoleton) who attempted to fix without resolve. In fact, I brought back after there first attempt and they want to charge me $1600 to repair. I have researched other complaints and truly know this is an electrical issue that is part of the safety recall. Additionally, my airbag light continues to come on which is also addressed in the recall. Jeep has refused to repair and I cannot drive vehicle due to safety concerns. Please help.

- Jupiter, FL, USA

Dec 132015

Grand Cherokee

Vehicle recall repair (tipm fuel pump relay) was completed on Sep 03, 2015 and again followed up on Sep 14, 2015. No start conditions continue to occur multiple times per week. Must cycle through ignition/accessory/run/off multiple times before starting on occasion. This condition may happen 1, 2, or 3 times in succession before engine will start. Other times there is no occurrence for many days.

- Spring Grove, IL, USA

Dec 052015

Grand Cherokee

Vehicle will stall during use when foot is removed from gas pedal. While driving at full speed for the road and needing to take foot off gas pedal, the Jeep's engine will shut off and I receive no light indicating that this has happened. It isn't until I attempt to turn the wheel or stop the Jeep that I realize I have no power. Typically happens when deaccelerating down an exit ramp or when turning through a traffic light. Very dangerous to not be able to turn steering wheel and even more dangerous when I have someone immediately behind me that doesn't realize my car has stalled and is still moving as if I'm moving. I noticed this happening prior to recall notice15V-115 and had the recall work completed on 8-17-15. However, the vehicle continues to have the same issue and the dealership cannot duplicate the issue and the Jeep's computer is not showing that there have been any engine stalls. Specifically, this happens when vehicle is in motion immediately after taking foot off of the gas pedal. It has happened on highway exit ramps, at traffic lights on main roadways, and while turning through a light on a city street. 100% related to going above 35 mph and removing foot off of the gas.

- Delaware, OH, USA

Jun 012015

Grand Cherokee

Safety recall R09/NHTSA 14V-115 it has been over 6 months and it is still not fixed. Dealership keeps saying it does not have part.

- Demotte, IN, USA

Oct 132015

Grand Cherokee

Sudden stall out while driving at 45 mph (on telegraph road, redford, mi area- city street). This has occurred once after the recall was performed on the vehicle.

- Brighton, MI, USA

Oct 012015

Grand Cherokee

On multiple occasions I was unable to start the Jeep and on multiple occasions the engine shutoff while driving at highway speeds due to a faulty fuel pump relay inside the tipm module processor

- Hornell, NY, USA

Oct 212015

Grand Cherokee

Vehicle engine shut off during right turn in busy intersection without any warnings. Unable to turn or control vehicle. Also the brake on lights come on in the consul during normal operation. Based on other Jeep model recalls, I believe the problem may be related to the tipm-7 module. The vehicle is a Grand Cherokee overlander 4WD. Vehicle was able to be restarted and has not had another failure, however, this is an unsafe driving situation when the vehicle's engine dies while in motion in any road condition. Maybe related to recalls P54.

- Vista, CA, USA

Oct 102015

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact stated that while driving at 5 mph and coming to a stop sign, the vehicle stalled. The vehicle was able to restart. The failure occurred multiple occasions. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 47,000. Updated 1/21/16

- Ballston Spa., NY, USA

Apr 012015

Grand Cherokee

Safety recall for the fuel pump relay needs to be replaced. I have had the recall for 8 months.every time I call they don't have the part. The vehicle now has a warning lite appearing.the fuel relay has also prevented the vehicle fro shutting off 2 different times.. I know this is a safety hazard. I need this fixed immediatly

- Thornton, CO, USA