2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee:

2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Owner Comments

Apr 152015

Grand Cherokee

I took my Jeep into a local dealership April/16/2015 for recall 05P14182 or recall P14 ie..a brake booster shield. On May 15 after approx. 3000 miles my ABS, fcw and traction light came on. I could not use my cruise returning to abq. And my brakes were sticking. I took it back to the dealer on 22may and they found that the master was leaking fluid into the brake booster and made mention of the P14 recall. They reperformed the recall and replaced the master and booster and after testing they found the same problem with the brakes. They ordered another master cyl. And after installing said the problem was fixed. On returning to abq on 15july/15 and less than 3000 miles later I encountered the same malfunction. Back to the dealer on July 17 with the same diagnosis and repairs. Less than 1000 miles on Dec. 23/2015 the same malfunction and return to the dealer on 31dec. At this point the service advisor and the mechanic said they could redo the fix but it was going to happen again and it was a health hazard because of the possibility of catastrophic brake failure. I contacted Chrysler about this problem and they said since it was repaired they could not do a vehicle replacement and to contact them when it happens again. I told them what the mechanic and advisor said about break failure and it was "we can not help you." I then wrote to their ncds and was told that since the vehicle was no longer in warranty I had no case. When this started the vehicle had 41759 miles and the last repair it had 48288. The Jeep 2013 has a 50,000 five year warranty. I have all the repair invoices and the emails from Chrysler in my files. Please help

- Corrales, NM, USA

Sep 222015

Grand Cherokee

I have only owned this vehicle for two months. Left front daytime running light went out. Have had intermittent problems with the right rear directional going out. Bulbs are good. Not sure of source of problem. We have taken the assembly out and directional works. After putting it back in, it does not work. Also happened after a car wash; not sure if that is really the problem though- we live in AZ and hardly ever get rain. Currently, I do not have use of the directional in the rear.

- Chandler, AZ, USA

May 212013

Grand Cherokee

The contact owns a 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The contact stated while attempting to accelerate from a stop, the vehicle did not respond and shook abnormally. The contact also stated that the service four-wheel drive, electric stability control and the electronic warning lights illuminated on the instrument panel. The contact restarted the vehicle but the failure recurred. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for inspection where they advised that the performance control module had malfunctioned and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 4,015.

- Clyde, MI, USA