2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee:

2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Apr 112013

Grand Cherokee 6-cyl

Jeep was stopped at light and I stepped on accelerator after light changed. Engine revved up and car took off and picked up speed and I pressed on the brake, but the rpms wouldn't go down, even with the brake pressed and the car not moving the rpms were at almost 7000. The Jeep kept on wanting to go fast. I put it in neutral and it shifted hard into neutral. The electronic throttle control light came on and stayed red until I pulled over and shut the car off. It doesn't even have 1500 miles yet! this is the third time this has happened. I should have bought a Honda Pilot. I truly regret having bought this piece of S...! now I'm stuck with it for the next 5 years.

- Washingtonville, NY, USA